RE: iDRAC 7 Not respond

Jump to solution

Sorry, not an answer to your question here, but just wanted to say this just happened to one of my client's T620 the other day, as well. I could actually live with the failed iDRAC, but the fans now run only at full speed, and they are loud.

0 Kudos
toropeza
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Good afternoon, I told you that this procedure worked to remove the power cord and I pressed the power button. I am very happy with this procedure. Thank you very much...!!!

rwinniksupport
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I have tried all the above step with no luck. I believe the idrac is just dead on the board.  Is there anyone out there that can repair the board or steps to do so.  It is just a personnel lab machine now and I do not want to spend $800 to get it under maintenance. 

0 Kudos
BDHodge
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I have this at a client's server today as well.  Did you ever fix it?  the server still runs, but the fans are super loud.  

0 Kudos
rwinniksupport
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I had to the do the same thing. Dell's response was the same. Mine was a T620. I had to pull mine too and replaced it with an HP. It is ashame that we have to go through this especially what appears to be a latent defect. It seems to be all over the web.

0 Kudos
rwinniksupport
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Thank you for the resource. Unfortunately, because I was forced to remove the Dell T620 from sercvice it has become a lab machine and to put nearly $900 into that is probably a waste at this time and money. Thanks for the respinse though. I was hoping that someone had an idea to jumper the bad component in enable some type of hard reset of something. I am also like so many others that I am discourageds with Dell because of this. I am getting ready for an infrastructure upgrade at work and as far as I am concerned, Dell is not on the list to be considered. Thanks again! 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

boa tarde, estou com esse mesmo problema. O mesmo começou quando ouve uma pico de energia, o servidor funciona normalmente só que a IDRAC não fica ativa e as fans quando fazem a leitura  começa a opera em alta rotação fazendo muito barulho. 

Foi achado alguma solução para isso, ou o mesmo tem que ser substituído?

Aqui em meu ambiente ele e um reserva esta sem garantia já.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I am facing a similar issue with one of our r320 when iDrac firmware was updated.

I am new to this and am wondering how & if we flash the old idrac firmware, will this resolve the issue on the iDrac Express

https://www.dell.com/community/PowerEdge-Hardware-General/Dell-PowerEdge-R320-Initializing-iDRAC/td-...

https://www.dell.com/community/PowerEdge-Hardware-General/RE-Dell-PowerEdge-R320-Initializing-iDRAC/...

0 Kudos

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
ChrisANJ
1 Copper

Re: iDRAC 7 Not respond

Jump to solution

I have this error

Idrac setting version 1.30.30.27

Swc0700: iDrac is not ready.  The configuration values cannot be accessed.

My question is: Do I need a hard drive and OS to do the solution:

https://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/19/sln283474/drac-multiple-reboots-can-cause-ipmi-command...

0 Kudos