Highlighted
3 Argentum

iDRAC Firmware to 1.50 Fails

Jump to solution

I am trying to update the drac firmware on a 710 with exiting fw version: 1.10.13 to version 1.50. During the upload process of the .d6 image it will drop back to the logon page after a couple minutes and not complete. No errors are presented like the update file is invalid, has timed out, etc. Any ideas? I have never had a problem updating the drac firmware in the past.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
3 Argentum

Re: iDRAC Firmware to 1.50 Fails

Jump to solution

Surprisingly enough that worked. Still interested to know why it would fail through the drac update option. i had updated a number of other servers without issue.

Thanks for the suggestion though. It never even crossed my mind.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
3 Zinc

Jump to solution

do you have the option of running an update from within the OS? I know, this should be working, but if other methods fail too, at least it gives you a bigger picture of the problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 Argentum

Jump to solution

Surprisingly enough that worked. Still interested to know why it would fail through the drac update option. i had updated a number of other servers without issue.

Thanks for the suggestion though. It never even crossed my mind.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
3 Zinc

Jump to solution

I've seen it a couple of times, the answer has always varied, sometimes its racreset, sometimes its pull power to reset (because just a racreset didnt work), and sometimes its a full reset the drac to defaults (maybe twice ever for me). Still, very rare though.

0 Kudos