Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 6th, 2021 23:00

iDRAC license lost

After a long power outage, the accountant decided to turn on the server on her own.
After pressing the button "i" and holding it for a little longer, she reset the settings iDRAC along with the license.
How can I restore it now? The server was purchased in 2014. Service Tag .

3 Posts

June 2nd, 2022 03:00

Hi Joey,

I bought the r720 on ebay and have requested the transfer of the ownership. I'm a private owner of the r720 so there is no company name. Will send another DM to you containing my email address and name.

Thanks

Mike

June 8th, 2022 07:00

Hello,

I have also lost the license on one of our iDRAC's on an R720 because of a motherboard failure and subsequent replacement. I have checked the digital locker and it doesn't have any of our iDRAC licenses. I can provide a lot of information on the purchase to provide proof of ownership. I am running a temp license right now but need to get it back to the perpetual license.

Thank You,
John Morrison

• 

8.4K Posts

June 8th, 2022 08:00

Jluvs2dive2,

Would you please Private Message me the svc tag for the server, the company name and number, as well as your contact details. I can look to see if the license is available to be resent. 

• 

8.4K Posts

June 8th, 2022 09:00

John,

I got the PM and company details from you and  have resent the license to the email you specified.

Let me know if you get it.

Thank you so much Chris! I received your email.

Thank you Chris, PM sent.

John

2 Posts

June 21st, 2022 02:00

Dear Dell-Team,

I got a handful Dell servers from a customer. They are a bit older, but still working great. Unfortunately one had an iDRAC error and I relaunched it with the firmimg file and a SD-card. Gladly it works again, but the iDRAC license is missing now. Is there a possibility to get it again for the PE R720?

Thanks a lot
Christoph 

• 

3.2K Posts

June 21st, 2022 06:00

Hi,

yes, this should be possible if the Service TAG and the license are connected.

Regards Martin

2 Posts

June 21st, 2022 06:00

Dear Martin,

thank you for your reply.
Is there an opportunity to get the iDRAC license back with the Service TAG?

Christoph

• 

8.4K Posts

June 21st, 2022 07:00

ChrstophW, We can check for you. Would you private message the svc tag for the server, as well as the company name and your contact details. I can then verify if the license is present and available to be resent. 

Thanks.

• 

8.4K Posts

August 17th, 2022 10:00

MiltonBatista,

Would you private message me the svc tag for the server, the company name, as well as the company/customer number, and if the license is avaialble I should be able to resend it. 

Let me know.

August 17th, 2022 10:00

Hi, I have a same problem. Can you help me. please?

September 26th, 2022 04:00

I have pretty much the same issue with my server [DELTED], would you be able to help.

Hi,

I ordered an out of warranty montherboard replacement, but IDRAC was not functional, so I could not retrieve the license.

Michael

[DELETED]

• 

3.2K Posts

September 26th, 2022 06:00

Hi,

you should have a mail with the new key.

Please avoid posting private data like TAG and e-mail address public.

Do you have any other questions?

Regards Martin.

September 26th, 2022 07:00

Hi,

Could you kindly send me the IDRAC License , as I quoted the wrong service tag in error.

Thanks for your patience.

Michael Gauci

No Events found!