Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 6th, 2021 23:00

iDRAC license lost

After a long power outage, the accountant decided to turn on the server on her own.
After pressing the button "i" and holding it for a little longer, she reset the settings iDRAC along with the license.
How can I restore it now? The server was purchased in 2014. Service Tag .

4 Operator

• 

2.7K Posts

September 26th, 2022 08:00

Hello @jtejada.ralco

To recover an IDRAC Enterprise license, you should be able to download it from your digital locker. https://dell.to/3UDQEdL

Regards,

October 6th, 2022 06:00

Hello Support, 

We had to reset our idrac and lost our license. We checked our digital locker but could not find it.  Please message me so I can send you our service tag and order #. Thank you.

• 

3.3K Posts

October 6th, 2022 07:00

Hello MidtownComics,

The service tag on the order number you provided was sold with Basic Management. No iDRAC Enterprise license.

Did you purchase the iDRAC Enterprise license after sale? Do you have the order number?

You may need to contact Customer Care: 1 (800) 624-9897 if there was an issue with the order.

I can try to see what I find if you can  private message me:

Company Name

Address

Contact Name

Phone number

E-mail address

Order number for iDRAC Enterprise license

October 6th, 2022 07:00

We have iDRAC7_LocalLicense_Installation_Tool_A00_1.0.iso but it is corrupt and not sure what else to do.

October 30th, 2022 15:00

Dell- Maria J i have the same issue and try to send you private message and can't if you please send the license to me my service tag is (deleted by moderator)

October 30th, 2022 15:00

Could you kindly send me the IDRAC License ,.

my service tag is: (deleted by moderator)

Thanks for your patience.

• 

3.6K Posts

October 30th, 2022 20:00

Hello, when it comes to license- it's best you contact phone support (or email). (Please change the setting to your country accordingly https://dell.to/3UdAqH8) This way you are raising an official ticket. We also advise against disclosing your service tag in public.

Wish you a good one.

1 Message

December 12th, 2022 10:00

I have this problem too. I'm trying to download the Enterprise idrac license, but I'm unable to do so. 

Can I have this license sent to me?

• 

3.6K Posts

December 12th, 2022 17:00

Hi, the best way is to call in, they will be happy to raise an official ticket for you.

An alternative would be to use digital locker if you have it and if you know the account and the password.

1 Message

January 17th, 2023 03:00

Could you kindly send me the IDRAC License.

My service tag is:

Thanks for your patience.

• 

2.1K Posts

January 17th, 2023 03:00

If you couldn't find on Dell Digital Locker, Would you private message me the service tag for the server, as well as your customer #, company name, and contact details? Then I can confirm if it is available for us to resend. 

• 

2.1K Posts

January 18th, 2023 06:00

Hi, You can download your license from the Dell Digital Locker  please check from DDL https://dell.to/3WpvfVo

If you don't have it, Could you send me a private message with the Service Tag, as well as your customer #number, company name, and contact details? If I can verify the account information, I would try to obtain the license.

January 18th, 2023 06:00

Hi. I have the same problem. The server only shows basic iDrac, however in inventory on dell supoort site shows tha it have enterprise license.

S/T

March 17th, 2023 14:00

Hi, I got similar problem on del r420. Im trying to make use of this. Idrac shows no license. Strange... this r420 was bought about 1 year ago from second hand reseller. There was a license and everythink was ok.
Now license is gone. Is any way to recover license for it?

• 

3.6K Posts

March 19th, 2023 20:00

Hello in this case you need to raise an official ticket with Dell by email/chat/phone to have yourself verified. 

://www.dell.com/support/incidents-online/en-us/contactus/dynamic

No Events found!