PowerEdge Hardware General

Last reply by 01-18-2023 Solved
Start a Discussion
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

iDRAC license lost

After a long power outage, the accountant decided to turn on the server on her own.
After pressing the button "i" and holding it for a little longer, she reset the settings iDRAC along with the license.
How can I restore it now? The server was purchased in 2014. Service Tag <Service Tag was removed>.

Replies (43)

Hi Dell Team,

I have the same issue with my R720 which has lost it's iDrac Enterprise license. Can you please help to recover it.

Thanks

Mike

Hi, we'll need to receive your service tag by DM. (Please do not disclose it in public)  That's how we can see the license information.  (whether it was purchased all together with the system or it was added later etc.)                                  

DELL-Young E
Social Media and Communities Professional
Dell Technologies | Enterprise Support Services
#IWork4Dell

Did I answer your query? Please click on ‘Accept as Solution’. ‘Kudo’ the posts you like!

Hello hemmi275,

Young is off shift and I cannot access another person's DM.

Could you DM me this information for the iDRAC license:

Service Tag, Company Name, Contact Name,  E-mail address

Dell -Charles R
#IWork4Dell

Did I answer your query? Please click on ‘Accept as Solution’. ‘Kudo’ the posts you like!

DM send

Hi @hemmi275,

Have you tried checking the Dell Digital Locker (DDL) https://dell.to/3al8cJa for the license file for the iDRAC?

Meanwhile, the requested DM for info is missing the company name, contact name and email address. 

DELL-Joey C
#IWork4Dell

Hi Joey,

I bought the r720 on ebay and have requested the transfer of the ownership. I'm a private owner of the r720 so there is no company name. Will send another DM to you containing my email address and name.

Thanks

Mike

Hi Mike,
Joey is off shift Could you DM me the same information for the iDRAC license? I'll check and try to help with it.

Regards,

Thanks,

Erman Özkurt
#Iwork4Dell

Did I answer your query? Please click on ‘Accept as Solution’
‘Kudo’ the posts you like!
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Hello,

I have also lost the license on one of our iDRAC's on an R720 because of a motherboard failure and subsequent replacement. I have checked the digital locker and it doesn't have any of our iDRAC licenses. I can provide a lot of information on the purchase to provide proof of ownership. I am running a temp license right now but need to get it back to the perpetual license.

Thank You,
John Morrison

Jluvs2dive2,

Would you please Private Message me the svc tag for the server, the company name and number, as well as your contact details. I can look to see if the license is available to be resent. 

Chris Hawk
#Iwork4Dell

Did I answer your query? Please click on ‘Accept as Solution’
‘Kudo’ the posts you like!

Thank you Chris, PM sent.

John

Latest Solutions
Top Contributor