PowerEdge Hardware General

Last reply by 01-18-2023 Solved
Start a Discussion
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

iDRAC license lost

After a long power outage, the accountant decided to turn on the server on her own.
After pressing the button "i" and holding it for a little longer, she reset the settings iDRAC along with the license.
How can I restore it now? The server was purchased in 2014. Service Tag <Service Tag was removed>.

Replies (43)

Hi,

Could you kindly send me the IDRAC License , as I quoted the wrong service tag in error.

Thanks for your patience.

Michael Gauci

<Private Email id removed. TOS77>

Hello @jtejada.ralco

To recover an IDRAC Enterprise license, you should be able to download it from your digital locker. https://dell.to/3UDQEdL

Regards,

Diego López
Social Media and Communities Professional
Dell Technologies | Enterprise Support Services
#Iwork4Dell

Did I answer your query? Please click on ‘Accept as Solution’
‘Kudo’ the posts you like!
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Hello Support, 

We had to reset our idrac and lost our license. We checked our digital locker but could not find it.  Please message me so I can send you our service tag and order #. Thank you.

We have iDRAC7_LocalLicense_Installation_Tool_A00_1.0.iso but it is corrupt and not sure what else to do.

Hello MidtownComics,

The service tag on the order number you provided was sold with Basic Management. No iDRAC Enterprise license.

Did you purchase the iDRAC Enterprise license after sale? Do you have the order number?

You may need to contact Customer Care: 1 (800) 624-9897 if there was an issue with the order.

I can try to see what I find if you can  private message me:

Company Name

Address

Contact Name

Phone number

E-mail address

Order number for iDRAC Enterprise license

Dell -Charles R
#IWork4Dell

Did I answer your query? Please click on ‘Accept as Solution’. ‘Kudo’ the posts you like!

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Could you kindly send me the IDRAC License ,.

my service tag is: (deleted by moderator)

Thanks for your patience.

Dell- Maria J i have the same issue and try to send you private message and can't if you please send the license to me my service tag is (deleted by moderator)

Hello, when it comes to license- it's best you contact phone support (or email). (Please change the setting to your country accordingly https://dell.to/3UdAqH8) This way you are raising an official ticket. We also advise against disclosing your service tag in public.

Wish you a good one.

DELL-Young E
#IWork4Dell

Did I answer your query? Please click on ‘Accept as Solution’. ‘Kudo’ the posts you like!

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

I have this problem too. I'm trying to download the Enterprise idrac license, but I'm unable to do so. 

Can I have this license sent to me?

Hi, the best way is to call in, they will be happy to raise an official ticket for you.

An alternative would be to use digital locker if you have it and if you know the account and the password.

DELL-Young E
#IWork4Dell

Latest Solutions
Top Contributor