Start a Conversation

Unsolved

LD

14 Posts

May 23rd, 2022 11:00

iDrac 7 PowerEdge R720 license information help

Greetings. I have PowerEdge R720 с iDrac

But there are no signs of life, the indicator is off, it is impossible to connect through the web interface

First question, if the license for idrac is missing, should the LED indicate this?

it should burn in color or go out

The second question is how to check the installed license for iDrac, because the license was not installed by the service code when buying, iDrac value is 0

528-10002 : iDRAC7 Express

Part Number

KMCM0

Description

INFO,IDRAC7 EXPRESS

Quantity

The third question is whether this is due to the broken BMC and IPMI, they are both disabled and there are errors on them. LifeCycle Controller is also disabled in POST and unable to update firmware, not system collecting Inventory and BIOS configuration save errors

20220523_030624.jpg

• 

3K Posts

May 24th, 2022 01:00

Hi @Lorenso-Denis,

If iDRAC license is missing, it will only indicate when you try to access iDRAC menu. There is no LED indication. In which LED are you mentioning? https://dell.to/3lDumZj

Secondly, from the ordering details that you provided, it seems that there is no iDRAC license is purchased.

Thirdly, yes, it should be that the OS is not able to communicate with BMC. 

• 

8.4K Posts

May 24th, 2022 09:00

Lorenso-Denis,

With the LCC and idrac showing disabled I would recommend powering down the server, removing the power cables, and then hold down the power button for 20 seconds to drain the flea power. After that open the cover of the server and locate the NVram-Clr jumper on the motherboard (near power supplies connection point to board) and then move the jumper over, after doing so power up the server and complete the clearing of the NVram. Then power down the server and restore the NVram_Clr jumper back to its original location. After that is done then power the server and see if the iDrac/LCC are no longer disabled.

Let us know.

IPMI will it also not work?

Then another question, if the Lifecycle Controller is disabled, how to enable it if should be enabled via iDrac?

On boot it shows "LifeCycle Controller is disabled" and no F10. Due to the disabled LCC, it is not possible to update drivers and firmware in Windows, because. the inventory fails and the update terminates with an error. The server is non-fully functional. Fans always full speed

Also present error SWC0700

When installing a trial license for 30 days for iDrac Enterprise is also an error

As I understand it, there was an attempt to update and it costs Bios version 2.9.0 and where is iDrac with LCC, can LCC not work because of this, and if so, how to downgrade LCC to Legacy version

I can’t figure out why the system services of the board do not work, how to enable them, and why the coolers are spinning at a constantly high speed

May 24th, 2022 10:00

This has already been done.

As before

iDtac error SWC0700 and not available in BIOS

LCC disabled in boot

Wondering how to enable LCC wthout iDrac

• 

8.4K Posts

May 24th, 2022 13:00

Lorenso-Denis,

Thank you. 

Are you able to confirm what revision the BIOS, iDrac and LCC are currently at? Also, was anything changed or updated before this issue appeared?

May 24th, 2022 15:00

I installed all versions BIOS, and LCC & iDtac there is no way to find out.

Inventory fails. Open Manage does not work, IP iDrac do not get

What are the ways to find out the firmware versions?

Collecting Inventory by OS firmware iDtac & LCC does not show

• 

3.6K Posts

May 24th, 2022 20:00

Hi, personally I suspect this is not a matter of license gone but it seems more like the iDRAC my have been damaged.

• 

8.4K Posts

May 25th, 2022 07:00

Lorenso-Denis,

I am inclined to agree with Joey here, it may be an issue with the iDrac itself, but am still curious as to the cause.

Did you confirm if any changes, either hardware or updates, were performed right before this issue started?

I ask because if you jump too many updates, or if you get the idrac too far from the BIOS, it can cause issues like this.

Let us know.

May 25th, 2022 07:00

20220525_165450.jpg

Saved iDrac boot log, looks like read/write errors

In this case, LCC &/or System Services won't work either?

May 25th, 2022 08:00

I purchased a PowerEdge R720 2 weeks ago without ram & cpu. I installed 2x16gb ddr3 1600 Samsung into it in slots A1 & A2 cpu1, CPU Xeon 2670v2 & NVMe PCIe Samsung through an adapter to the PCIe slot, then installed the OS booting from Clover in usb. Bios was originally set to 2.9.0 and LCC & iDrac didn't work right away. I tried everything described in this community, as well as on the Internet, to determine what is happening with iDtac & LCC in order to make the server settings. Did a downgrade and BIOS upgrade. I don't understand how to change iDrac & LCC firmware yet. Do I understand correctly that LCC, IPMI & BCM are tied to iDrac? And if it fails, they won't work properly.

What other ways do I see to try to start or enable LCC that doesn't work?

Perhaps there are ways to flash firmware LCC &/or iDrac in Support Live image with CentOS by Dell in command line or with LCC recovery .usc file?

May 25th, 2022 09:00

The problem is that I can't see the iDtac & LCC version. In the BIOS, it only shows the version of the iDrac settings. The settings version changes along with the BIOS, but this does not make the iDrac & LCC version available and visible.

Therefore, I have no way to compare Bios versions with iDrac & LCC versions, to bring into line (downgrade or upgrade)

• 

8.4K Posts

May 25th, 2022 10:00

The idrac is tied to each of them, and from this point I don't know what else you can do to recover it. What you may want to look at is returning or exchanging the server, as it seems like it has had an issue since purchase.

May 25th, 2022 21:00

20220526_070627.jpg

This data may give information about the required versions of iDrac & LCC or other useful information for recovery?

• 

3K Posts

May 26th, 2022 00:00

Hi @Lorenso-Denis,

The picture might not be a help to identify any information. 

I think this would be the last resort to try salvage; try the restore that you're looking for: https://dell.to/3MS7PUD

No Events found!