Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

March 8th, 2018 07:00

t330 Perc h330 Raid Monitoring HyperV Hypervisor

I have a t330 with a HW raid PercH330

I installed 2016 Hyeprvisor and 1 VM 2016 Windows Server.

I would like to monitor the raid via windows,

I tired installing OMSA on the VM  2016 Server, It's asking me for a login that no matter what I try won't allow me in.

What's the best practice for monitoring a raid via windows with a virtual machine, Where do I install the software, the hypervisor or the VM?

• 

6.2K Posts

March 8th, 2018 12:00

Hello

Please send a private message with your service tag to ensure we have all appropriate information on your system.

Thanks

• 

6.2K Posts

March 8th, 2018 14:00

Thank you for the service tag.

OMSA should be installed on the host OS. You can install OMSA into a VM, but OMSA can only communicate with the iDRAC from the host OS. If you install OMSA into a VM then it can be used as a remote agent to connect with OMSA running on the host OS.

OMSA uses the same credentials that you use in the operating system.

https://www.dell.com/support/home/product-support/product/dell-openmanage-server-administrator-9.1/

Thanks

3 Posts

March 12th, 2018 11:00

I have been struggling with for a few days this without any success.

I can't understand why this is so difficult as my Lenovo Server had no issues into what I want to achieve.

Can you tell me the EXACT file I need to install on the 2016 Windows HyperV Server Core?

Then what is the EXACT file I will need to install on the client to read info from the Server Core?

All I want to do is have the raid send me an E-mail if the raid is experiencing problems, that's it.

Any help would be appreciated.

• 

6.2K Posts

March 12th, 2018 12:00

www.dell.com/support/home/drivers/driversdetails?driverId=0DTGJ

That should work on both the server and management system. If you are receiving installation errors on the host system running server 2016 core then you may need to enable the wow64 feature. Most of our utilities are 32-bit.

Thanks

No Events found!