Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 26th, 2013 12:00

Cannot Connect PowerEdge SC 430 to internet.

It was connected with other computers in an office setting and now it is only for single use at home. Local area connection shows connected, IP address still shows the old  IP address and I cannot change it to my ISP's IP address, in the control demand It gives me the response after I try

ipconfig/release 

ipconfig/renew

it says the operation failed as no adaptor is in the state permissible for this operation

The Modem we have in our house is in  a locked box and needs to be reset by our ISP, I'm guessing I need to give them a call to reset the modem or do you have any other way without doing this?

I have no idea how to fix this any help would be great. Thank you!

• 

6.2K Posts

October 27th, 2013 10:00

Hello jgarcia81

If you have the IP address set to static then there is nothing to release. You will likely need to change it to dynamic to connect through your LAN to your ISPs WAN.

Since you are using ipconfig I'm going to assume this is a Windows system, and is most likely server 2003 or something similar. Go to your network settings in control panel. In there you will see each of your adapters. Right click on the adapter and go to properties. You should see a list of items and one of them should be similar to Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Highlight that one and click on properties. Change all of the settings on the General tab to automatic. This should allow it to pull a DHCP address from your router or whatever is giving out DHCP addresses on your network. If you need to assign a static address for your network then you will set it here.

Thanks

2 Posts

October 27th, 2013 21:00

Yes it is the 2003 Windows Server and it worked! Thank you so much I have put this question up on a couple different forums and nobody knew how to answer it. (figures I should have started with Dell). Thank you again, I truly appreciate your time!!!

- J.Faith

No Events found!