Highlighted
Roveer
1 Nickel

Confused about Server Update Utility for my T320 and 2008 R2...

I have been test installing windows server 2008 R2 on my T320 with a H710 controller and find I'm still missing drivers.

I read that Server Update Utility will help with this.  Right now I'm downloading a 7.2GB ISO called SUU-64_15.04.200.108 which says it's for 12th generation servers and 64 bit OS.

Can anyone confirm that I am using the correct utility or if I should be using something else?  There are so many drivers, management packages, 32 bit 64 bit 12th gen 13th gen etc it's mighty confusing.  I'm just trying to get a W2008R2 server that has all the latest drivers.  Is there a install guide someplace that walks you through what dell files you should get and how you should install them with the OS?

Thanks,

Roveer

0 Kudos
1 Reply

RE: Confused about Server Update Utility for my T320 and 2008 R2...

Hello

I have been test installing windows server 2008 R2 on my T320 with a H710 controller and find I'm still missing drivers.

What drivers are you missing?

I read that Server Update Utility will help with this.  Right now I'm downloading a 7.2GB ISO called SUU-64_15.04.200.108 which says it's for 12th generation servers and 64 bit OS.

The SUU is a firmware and driver repository that has a GUI for ease of updating within a Windows operating system. The SUUs may not always have the most current drivers and firmware since a new one is not released every time we release updates.

For the purpose of installation the System Management Tools and Documentation utility was created. The SMTD is an installation DVD that contains the SBUU and SUU. The System Build and Update Utility is used for configuring initial setup options, and the SUU is a repository containing files for firmware and driver updates.

If you already have the OS installed then the SUU is the easiest way to perform driver and firmware updates.

Thanks

Daniel Mysinger
Dell EMC, Enterprise Engineer

Get support on Twitter @DellCaresPRO

0 Kudos