fkhan1981
1 Copper

DELL Poweredge R730 Windows 2008 R2 Installation hangs on language selection (installing from Lifecycle)

We have purchased new R730 servers, trying to install windows server 2008 R2 from lifecycle management. the installation process stuck on Language selection page.

We are installing through CD.

Is there any new limitation to the latest servers, as the support for R730 says WIN2k8 R2 is supported on this hardware.

and if we are proceeding with lifecycle Management, there should be no question of drivers.

Please assist on the subject.

0 Kudos
5 Replies

RE: DELL Poweredge R730 Windows 2008 R2 Installation hangs on language selection (installing from Lifecycle)

Fkhan1981,

The only requirement I know is that it requires a minimum of Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1. Is that the version you're using, or just the 2008 R2?

Let me know.

Chris Hawk

Dell | Social Outreach Services - Enterprise
Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro 
Download the Dell Quick Resource Locator app today to access PowerEdge support content on your mobile device! (iOS, Android, Windows)

0 Kudos
fmadi
1 Copper

RE: DELL Poweredge R730 Windows 2008 R2 Installation hangs o

Hi

Im facing the same issue on R230 Server, im trying with 2008 R2 os

0 Kudos
theflash1932
6 Indium

Does your installation media have SP1?

Is your boot mode set to BIOS or UEFI?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Suhail Khattak
1 Copper

Which one is supported, BIOS OR UEFI? in my case Win 2008 R2 sp1 is intalled correctly but upon first restart aftr installation is finished, window couldnt be loaded and system is restarted again and again. What cld b the solution?
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
tajir99
1 Copper

which one supported and it requires a minimum of Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1. if have any problem and question may go to support care
Support
Thank
BandarQ Online
Situs PokerQQ
Agen BandarQ
0 Kudos