Shuvro
1 Copper

Easiest and Efficient way to Image Windows Image on R730

Hi,

This is what I have purchased (all identical configuration)

1) DELL PowerEdge R730 with 2 Proc (32cores in total), 256GB RAM, 8 SAS Drives (total of 24 units of servers) (Windows server 2012 R2 or 2016 Datacenter * 24 Units)

2) 1st partition: two 600GB with Mirror

3) 2nd Partition: five 600GB with RAID-6

4) 1 Spare

Now I need an efficient/fast/professional way to image 1 server OS and replicate to the rest of the servers, including partitions. and when the servers are at hand I will be required to deploy the OS in 4 days time...only the OS deployment is required. Moreover, I will image the OS after its been patched, all drivers updated and such.

Any suggestions or best practices to do so?

Thanks goes in advance

Regards | Shuvro

0 Kudos
3 Replies
theflash1932
6 Indium

RE: Easiest and Efficient way to Image Windows Image on R730

Windows Deployment Services.

0 Kudos
Shuvro
1 Copper

well, WDS/WSUS/SCCM will be installed in those servers Smiley Happy

any other way like Acronis or any other ways?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
pcmeiners
4 Germanium

"any other way like Acronis or any other ways?"

With Acronis, aomei backupper, or other cloning software. Hang a Sata drives of  sufficient size off the motherboard SATA interface, clone your individual arrays  to individual SATA drives. Reboot server to make sure you can boot off the MB interface's system clone ( I assume it is the raid 1). Transfer the clone drives to the other servers, boot off  the MB interface's system drive clone, reverse clone to your other server's, preconfigured raid 1 and raid 6 arrays. This is good for servers which have the same hardware. If not Acronis paid version has a bare metal restore module. Before cloning always run chkdsk /f on the source arrays.

0 Kudos