agustingoya
1 Copper

Factory Reset Windows 2012R2 on R730

Hello, I have a R730 server that came with Windows Server 2012R2 factory installed and would like to reset OS to factory config.

Could someone please tell the the procedure to do that?

I've been searching and haven't been able to finde a specific answer for this.

Thanks in advance.

Agustin

0 Kudos
4 Replies

RE: Factory Reset Windows 2012R2 on R730

Hello

There is not a way to factory reset an operating system. You would just reinstall the operating system.

If you did not choose to receive OS media when you purchased the system then make sure that you have media before deleting anything. We put image files(.iso) on the system when we factory image an operating system. I'm not sure if we do that by default or if it is a configuration option. Here is a post with information on the image files:

http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/b/techcenter/archive/2014/07/30/dell-ships-iso-files-of-prev...

Thanks

Daniel Mysinger
Dell EMC, Enterprise Engineer

Get support on Twitter @DellCaresPRO

0 Kudos
agustingoya
1 Copper

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the prompt reply. 

I'll follow your instructions. I've found this YouTube tutorial that seems to explain what I need to do.

www.youtube.com/watch

Do you know if this procedure needs an externad media kit of if can find internal media automatically?

0 Kudos
theflash1932
5 Iridium

If for some reason you don't have media, you can download Microsoft's evaluation media and use that.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
bcavnaugh
1 Nickel

FYI,

Just a note about having ISO files on our Dell Servers, I just received a PE T630 with Server 2012R2 Preinstalled and no where on the Drive was an ISO file of any kind. Nor was their a DVD Media to reinstall the Preinstalled OS. I am waiting now for a DVD in the Shipping Process to allow me to reinstall Server 2012R2 back.

0 Kudos