Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 28th, 2016 22:00

How do you get a Dell R610 to install Centos from CD/DVD

Created a DVC ISO  and boot on USB.  Centos installs to the point of having one file "Anaconda-KS.config and that is it. When I do a "cat Anaconda KS.config I can see that it is saying to install from CD/DVD put it is not listed in the Setup Boot choices.

How do I get this to work.  (I am obviously a "newbie."

Thanks

Dennis

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

October 29th, 2016 09:00

Linux is not for "newbies". Why are you installing Linux? 

What version of CentOS are you installing?

3 Posts

October 31st, 2016 11:00

Centos 7.   I have a DVD on the way  for Centos 7.2 in case I did not created the DVD iso correctly.

Basically I am booting up on the USB that has the DVD ISO. tried to also burn this to disk and run the "OS Deploy" functionality but there is no recognition of the media.

Am I on the right track?  (Newbie to Linux but not technology)

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

October 31st, 2016 16:00

You can't just put an ISO file on a USB and boot to it. You must extract the contents to a USB you have already made to be bootable. Easiest way is to use LiLi to create this. Same for DVD ... you must burn the ISO image to DVD, not simply copy the ISO to the DVD.

Try the drivers for RHEL 7 (RHEL is the commercial equivalent to CentOS):

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/poweredge-r610/drivers?os=rhe70

RHEL 7 is certified on the PowerEdge R610:

https://access.redhat.com/ecosystem/hardware/933493

November 30th, 2016 12:00

I ordered a DVD with the ISO being on it. I also created a USB with  LiLi  thanks for pointing me that direction, nice utility.  Centos 7 is now installed and I am about figuring out how to find and install the correct NIC Driver

November 30th, 2016 13:00

Thanks for the input. I have Centos 7 up and running..  had to "turn on" the network interface.  Funny

No Events found!