Highlighted
aaicrag
1 Copper

How to reinstall Windows Small Business Server 2011 (T110 II)

Help.....I am a newbie to Windows server migrations

I installed SBS 2011 standard on a T110II but made error with the domain name. 

I should have done a migration as opposed to clean install which resulted in a new domain altogether being created. 

I wanted this server to be a replacement for the current one which is running Windows Advanced Server 2000 and Exchange 2003.

I would like to have both on the same domain in order to migrate users/mailboxes more smoothly

Also, when attempting to reinstall from the Windows SBS from the DVD the install  pauses asking for drivers for the DVD drive. 

Basically I am stuck at this point

Any suggestions on how to proceed..thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: How to reinstall Windows Small Business Server 2011 (T110 II)

Is this volume license media or printed media from Microsoft? Typically this error occurs with burned media not being read correctly, reburning the media at 2X speed and possibly re-downloading it may help.

Thanks,
Josh Craig
Dell EMC Enterprise Support Services
Get support on Twitter @DellCaresPRO
0 Kudos
aaicrag
1 Copper

thanks for the response Josh.

Actually I am using the media that was packed with the server.

I am trying to run through the installation again as a migration rather than clean.

I am stuck trying to boot from the dell dvd drive.  The operating system asking for driver and non of the dvd seems to have the drivers the install is looking for.

I wanted to join the server to the current domain instead it created a whole new domain.

0 Kudos

Did the system come with a disk called Systems Management tools and Documentation? If it did boot to that disk first and choose the OS deployment option and it will preload the drivers.

Thanks,
Josh Craig
Dell EMC Enterprise Support Services
Get support on Twitter @DellCaresPRO
0 Kudos

Hi aaicrag,

You can download and boot into OM_SMTD ISO, there you can able to select SBS 2011 and proceed OS installation.

In this DVD all the drivers will be present and it should get installed for the server .

Thanks,

Sasi

0 Kudos