Highlighted
JToering
2 Iron

Install SBS 2003 R2 on T310 w/Raid-1 SCSI

I need to install SBS 2003 R2 Standard on T310 w/Raid-1 SCSI.  I want to be able to use the Dell OpenManage as though Dell had installed the SBS 2003 R2 on the Server so I don't lose any functionality.  I have one disk that came with the server, which is the Systems Management Tools and Documentation disk.  Judging by the OpenManage subscription enclosed with the disk, I would assume that I will be able to install OpenManage from that disk if necessary?  If someone could give me a line up of how to proceed from here, I'd be grateful.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
theflash1932
6 Indium

Re: Install SBS 2003 R2 on T310 w/Raid-1 SCSI

The SMTD (System Management Tools and Documentation) DVD contains all the tools needed to manage your server (s).  If  you boot to the DVD and choose SBUU (System Build and Update Utility), it will walk you through creating your array (probably unnecessary this time around) and setting up an install of the OS.

0 Kudos
JToering
2 Iron

Thank you very much!

The SMTD (System Management Tools and Documentation) DVD contains all the tools needed

It didn't work.  SBS 2003 is not listed on the "System Management Tools and Documentation" Disk.  When I select 2003 Server, it keeps kicking out the CD or DVD.

Thanks for trying.

0 Kudos
D2IT
1 Copper

Was there any update or fix found to this?  I am looking to do the same thing.

0 Kudos
reybeast1
3 Silver

Just fyi, on the T310 it has to be OpenManage 6.2 AND SBS 2003 Sp2 R2 or the disc will be ejected. See the support Matrix:
<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

0 Kudos