Highlighted
zubairelahi
1 Copper

Installation of Windows Server 2008 SP2 (32-Bit) on Power Edge T430

Hello!

I am trying to install Windows Server 2008 SP2 (32-Bit) on Power Edge T430 as i have to install Yokogawa Centum VP R4.03 software which will only be compatible with 32Bit OS, but the machine architecture doesnt support 32-Bit OS, only 64 Bit (Winows Server 2008 R2) support provided.

Please provide support / suggestion so i may install Windows Server 2008 SP2 (32-Bit).

Any assistance will be appreciated.

Regards,

Zubair

0 Kudos
1 Reply

RE: Installation of Windows Server 2008 SP2 (32-Bit) on Power Edge T430

Hello

There is limited support for 2008 x86/x64 with service pack 2 on the T430.

www.dell.com/support/contents/article/Product-Support/Self-support-Knowledgebase/enterprise-resource...

Limited: Dell PowerEdge servers™ support of the operating system (OS) is limited to a virtual environment as a guest OS. Please contact the software vendor for additional support or questions about running the OS in a virtualized environment

It would be best that you run the OS in a virtual machine. If you require and end of life operating system to run an out of date application then it is best to be virtualized for security. You don't want anything more than the minimum required for the application since the operating system will be a security risk. A virtual machine will allow you to more easily limit security risks.

Thanks

Daniel Mysinger
Dell EMC, Enterprise Engineer

Get support on Twitter @DellCaresPRO

0 Kudos