Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 19th, 2012 07:00

New PE T310

We just purchased a PE T310 server with SBS2011 Standard as the OS. The last PE server we got from Dell. I ran threw the SBS OS setup and when I was done I noticed that the OS partition size Dell made was 1.79TB in size. This partition size was too large for what I was going to use the system for so I had to reformat the drive and install the OS again. I now have another PE new out the box with (PE T310) SBS2011 on it and I want to know is there a way to check to see what the system partition size is before I run threw the whole process of installing the OS?

6 Posts

November 19th, 2012 08:00

I ordered the last server by phone and asked for 200GB OS partition and I got a 1.79TB OS Partition

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

November 19th, 2012 08:00

Boot to a Windows DVD, choose Repair Your Computer, and run DiskPart from the command prompt (many bootable utilities - Linux live CD's, GParted, etc. can also do this).  

The partitions are set during the order process.  If you ordered by phone, email, or the website and did not specify a partition size, then it will not likely be set up how you want.

No Events found!