Liano
1 Nickel

Re: OMSA login failed

Hi ehuk,

Glad you got it going. However, I am still wondering how to fix my problems. I am on CentOS 5.3 and it does have pam_hulk.so installed, the 64-bit version. It is located at /lib64/security/pam_hulk.so

Is the 32 bit version necessary?

And, not sure what you meant with this:

I have tried changing chmod -R 500 "$_IC_DIR" to:

chmod -R 755 "$_IC_DIR"
chown -R root:root "$_IC_DIR"

How do I determine the value for $_IC_DIR??

Not a linux guru so bare with me as I catch up.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Liano
1 Nickel

edge12,

Here is my info. Pretty much the same as ehuk.

/etc/pam.d/omauth

#%PAM-1.0
auth      include       system-auth
account   include       system-auth

/etc/pam.d/system-auth

#%PAM-1.0
# This file is auto-generated.
# User changes will be destroyed the next time authconfig is run.
auth        required      pam_env.so
auth    required        pam_hulk.so
auth        sufficient    pam_unix.so nullok try_first_pass
auth        requisite     pam_succeed_if.so uid >= 500 quiet
auth        required      pam_deny.so

account     required      pam_unix.so
account     sufficient    pam_succeed_if.so uid < 500 quiet
account     required      pam_permit.so

password    requisite     pam_cracklib.so try_first_pass retry=3
password    sufficient    pam_unix.so md5 shadow nullok try_first_pass use_authtok
password    required      pam_deny.so

session     optional      pam_keyinit.so revoke
session     required      pam_limits.so
session     [success=1 default=ignore] pam_succeed_if.so service in crond quiet use_uid
session     required      pam_unix.so

0 Kudos
ehuk
1 Nickel

I am not a Linux guru either, but I think you can ignore what I said about "chmod -R 755 "$_IC_DIR"" my setup is working without this.

I am sure you can use the 32 bit version of pam_hulk.so, the problem is you will have to search though the OMA scripts to change the location of this file from /lib/ to /lib64/

Maybe try copying /lib64/security/pam_hulk.so to /lib/security/pam_hulk.so this might do the trick.

0 Kudos
Liano
1 Nickel

tried copying but still no luck loggin in.

I read and am assuming we use the root/password, right?

0 Kudos
edge12
1 Nickel

Liano,

Can you try to log in to the web page and then check your auth log file (like ehuk did) and see if you find the same "No such file or directory" error he/she saw. 

My system's not running CentOS, but I also had to add some 32 bit PAM libs to get mine to work, I suspect you'll be doing the same.

0 Kudos
Liano
1 Nickel

I am trying to install the following and yum says it is already installed.

pam-0.99.6.2-4.el5.i386

I assume this is the 32-bit package.

0 Kudos
Liano
1 Nickel

ok, found where the login errors are written to (/var/log/secure/) and here is the output after a login attampt:

May 20 19:46:52 brubeck dsm_om_connsvc32d: PAM unable to dlopen(/lib/security/pam_hulk.so)
May 20 19:46:52 brubeck dsm_om_connsvc32d: PAM [error: /lib/security/pam_hulk.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64]
May 20 19:46:52 brubeck dsm_om_connsvc32d: PAM adding faulty module: /lib/security/pam_hulk.so

The problem seems centered around the proepr PAM version being installed.

Any suggestions how I can install the 32-bit PAM libraries on a CentOS 5.3 64-bit system?

I'm searching now but haven't found anything yet. Any help would be much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Liano
1 Nickel

Update,

I've tried to install the various PAM packages in their i386 incarnations (assuming these are indeed the 32-bit versions I need) but each time I try one it always says 'nothing to do....already installed'.

That being said when I do a  locate on pam_hulk.so I only see one copy of the file in the /lib64/ . Don't want to assume too much but you would think the file would exist at two locations?!?

Do I need to force the install of the 32-bit libraries? Not sure where to go from here.

0 Kudos
Liano
1 Nickel

I ws finally able to resolve the problem by finding a 32-bit copy of pam_hulk.so and installing it inthe /lib/security/ folder. I got my copy here: http://olenberg.org/sitefram/files/1.txt/lib/security/

It was not easy to find but everything works now. Thanks for everyones help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
mutface
1 Copper

My configuration

Centos : 5.4
Kernel : 2.6.18-164
Poweredge : R710
Dual Quadcore Xeon 2.26
OpenManage Version : 6.2

I spent almost a day trying to sort it out and finally managed to find a 32-bit copy of pam_hulk.so.

SOLUTION

cd /lib/security/
wget http://www.mutface.com/server/pam_hulk.so
chmod 755 pam_hulk.so

I have uploaded pam_hulk.so so that if anyone else has problems finding this file they can just download it from the above resource. Also remember to change the permission of the file to something executable otherwise it may not work.

0 Kudos