peterredco
1 Copper

OMSA login failure with error 500

I have a Poweredge T610 running ESXi 6.7.0. I installed the OMSA 9.2.0 vib and now I am trying to connect remotely to the server. I installed Ubuntu Bionic to a VM on the server and then tried to follow the steps on the community page to install srvadmin-all via apt. I get an error when it tries to set up srvadmin-hapi: 

Dec 10 14:49:43 ubuntu kernel: ipmi_si: Unable to find any System Interface(s)
Dec 10 14:49:43 ubuntu systemd[1]: instsvcdrv.service: Control process exited, code=exited status=155
Dec 10 14:49:43 ubuntu systemd[1]: instsvcdrv.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Dec 10 14:49:43 ubuntu systemd[1]: Failed to start Systems Management Device Drivers. 

I tried clearing out all srvadmin-* packages and instead I only installed srvadmin-webserver which was successful. I started the service and I was able to access it in the web browser. I entered the ESXi server IP and login details, but clicking submit just took me back to the login page with no indication of success/failure. I checked the network log in chrome and saw I got a 500 response from LoginServlet?flag=true&managedws=false

The log at /opt/dell/srvadmin/lib64/openmanage/apache-tomcat/logs/localhost.2018-12-10.log had a lot of entries like this:

10-Dec-2018 14:59:42.725 SEVERE [https-jsse-nio-1311-exec-3] org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke Servlet.service() for servlet [LoginServlet] in context with path [] threw exception [Servlet execution threw an exception] with root cause
 com.dell.oma.common.InitializationException: com.dell.oma.common.InitializationException: OMADataBridge.setLibPtr failed!
        at com.dell.oma.db.AOMADataBridge.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at com.dell.oma.db.JniODB.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at com.dell.oma.db.OMADataBridge.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at com.dell.oma.db.DataBridgeBroker.getDataBridge(Unknown Source)
        at com.dell.oma.servlet.common.OMAHttpServlet.loginUser(Unknown Source)
        at com.dell.oma.servlet.common.OMAHttpServlet.loginUser(Unknown Source)
        at com.dell.oma.servlet.unsecure.LoginServlet.doPost(Unknown Source)

What do I need to do to get this running?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
barneby
1 Nickel

Re: OMSA login failure with error 500

I have the same problem. Did you find a solution?

0 Kudos