Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

Closed

March 22nd, 2005 13:00

OpenManage Default Login

I just installed OpenManage with giving any login credentials and now when I try to run it its asking me for the login. What is the default login for OpenManage??

March 28th, 2022 09:00

In case this helps anyone else still struggling:

I found that there was an initial, nondescript prompt for username and password inside the web browser (Edge in my case).  The only hint was that it was Windows security, and requested by an HTTPS:// connection to my server.

I had to HIT CANCEL to that initial prompt, and THEN was presented with a much fancier Openmanage login screen.   For that screen, I was able to log-in using my Windows username and password (that happened to be the Administrator account).

If still inside the purchased warranty period and need more assistance, click the "Get Help Now" icon on the right to start a live chat session.

(edited)

2 Posts

March 23rd, 2005 00:00

Should be root / root password for a Linux box - not sure on the windows side of things.

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

March 23rd, 2005 13:00

the Administrator account is the login for windows. You must have a password on the account or it wont let you in.

8 Posts

November 10th, 2011 19:00

What do you put in as the hostname or ip adress on a default install

1 Rookie

• 

896 Posts

November 11th, 2011 07:00

you should be able to login with this: https://localhost:1311

8 Posts

November 11th, 2011 17:00

It gives malformed url as an error. Using just my hostname:1311 yeilds certificate error. Then, with just hostname:1311 and ignore certificate warnings checked the error message is internal error.

1 Message

February 26th, 2013 08:00

My default browser, Firefox, didn't like any of my password. However, taking the link "https://localhost:1311" and pasting into IE worked fine for me when using the local Server 2008 OS admin user name and password. 

2 Posts

April 6th, 2017 23:00

Hey Guys,

I have 3 Servers that are Dell PowerEdge SC1435, PE2950 and a PE2850. I installed OMSA on all 3. It says if I have a password on the Admin Account it will let me login, However that is not the case I put in the host name, then username Administrator and the password and it erros out saying bad login credentials.

Could someone point me in the right direction on how I can resolve this.

Thanks,

2 Posts

April 7th, 2017 10:00

Well I figured it would be something of that sort, I knew administrator wasn't the host name sorry if I mis- spoke.

Thank you,

Michael

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

April 7th, 2017 10:00

The host name is not 'administrator'.

Username should be in the format: domain\username and its password. Don't check the Active Directory box if present.

User MUST be a member of the server's Administrator group or a Domain Admin. User MUST have a password.

Use IE, add server to Intranet Zone and try. You MUST be logged in as the admin user. Turn off IE Security Config (at least for administrators).

1 Rookie

• 

56 Posts

April 2nd, 2021 17:00

Hi guys

i know this is an old thread, but recently i have to instal Live image support 2.2  and boot it on a USB on a dell server..

and the OpenManage default login that worked to me after i configured the static IP address on the NIC card..  was

user: root

password: dell

May 5th, 2022 07:00

Roadrunner21 nailed it for me... the windows password prompt needs to be CANCELLED and then you get the login page for Dell OpenManage... super weird.

No Events found!