Highlighted
harelcabrera
1 Copper

PE 2950 Perc 5/i Cannot recognize drives even manually (installing Windows Server 2008 R2)

Hi, im looking for a solution.

Youll see im triying to install Windows Server 2008 R2 in a PE2950, i already update BIOS, the Perc Firmware, and i try all the drives i found under this OS, but cannot recognize the drives, i made a Raid 1 with 3 SAS disc of 146Gb 10k RPM.

I download the driver and try to install manually, after i load the drivers (using a USB) it detects the driver to install DELL PERC 5/i, but after i load this driver on the windows "Select the driver to install" it gives me a popup saying "no new devices could be found, Make dure the driver are correct and locate on the driver installation media"

Can you please helpe me, or point me a direction?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: PE 2950 Perc 5/i Cannot recognize drives even manually (installing Windows Server 2008 R2)

Hello harelcabrera

You don't need to install additional drivers. 2008R2 has the PERC 5/i driver built in. The message is not stating that it could not load the driver, it is stating that it could not find a new device.

i made a Raid 1 with 3 SAS disc of 146Gb 10k RPM

This is not possible.

Please provide more information about where the drives are not detected. If the drives are new then you should perform a full initialization via the controller BIOS(CTL R). If the drives are not formatted you may need to select advanced options at the HDD select screen to format them.

Thanks

Daniel Mysinger
Dell EMC, Enterprise Engineer

Get support on Twitter @DellCaresPRO

0 Kudos
harelcabrera
1 Copper

Re: PE 2950 Perc 5/i Cannot recognize drives even manually (installing Windows Server 2008 R2)

Thanks Daniel, i think i didnt exprese myself correctly

I alreadu initialize the disc, and after i boot the system with the CD of Windows Server 2008 R2, after it says it will install it and start looking for drives to install it, it cannoy found any,. so it gives me the option to load the drives manually, i do but after i choose the drive (Perc 5/i) and i click on the OK button, it takes like 5 secs and then it says it cannot found any drive as i write down before.

0 Kudos

Download this file and extract it. Copy the extracted files to a thumb drive and direct it to those files for the driver:

http://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER97889M/10/DELL_MULTI-DEVICE_A07_R211422.exe

If that does not work then download the System Build and Update Utility CD/DVD and burn it. Boot to it and use it to install the operating system:

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/ed/en/edbsdt1/DriverDetails/Product/poweredge-2950?driverId=NF1C...

Thanks

Daniel Mysinger
Dell EMC, Enterprise Engineer

Get support on Twitter @DellCaresPRO

0 Kudos