Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 17th, 2013 11:00

PE M600 w/ Broadcom - Error code 10

Forgive me if that has already been presented.  I have searched the Forum for this issue with no luck finding anything. Here is my issue:

I recently purchased a Dell m1000e chassis, but I have an issue with an M600 blade specifically.  Once I get this issue resolved, I can fully populate the chassis.  For now, this is holding me up.

I installed Windows 2003 R2 from an OEM image I built.  The driver installation for the Broadcom NIC recognizes the NIC, and installed it, but I get "This device cannot start (Code 10)" for both NICs.

I have 2x M6220 switches in the chassis as A1 and A2

Could this issue be related to the switch configuration, or is this a blade hardware or driver issue?

Thanks for looking. Any help is greatly appreciated.

• 

8.4K Posts

April 17th, 2013 12:00

Koobenhoff,

If you look under the network connections, do EITHER of them have MAC addresses assigned. I have seen this happen before and normally clearing the NVRam resolves the issue.

To clear the NVRam, power down the server and remove the power plug, depress the power button for 10 seconds to drain flea power. Once that is done then open the blade and then move the jumper over.

Once the jumper is moved then apply power to the server and power on until you see any indication of power (lights). Then power off and restore jumper to original location.

Let me know how it goes.

1 Rookie

• 

118 Posts

April 17th, 2013 20:00

Koobenhoff,

I would suggest you also to take a look into this troubleshooting link from microsoft for the same error code:

support.microsoft.com/.../943104

Thanks

Vivek

5 Posts

April 18th, 2013 11:00

Clearing the NVRAM seemed to work, the NICs started up after the reboot.  Perfect!  Thank you very much!

No Events found!