Highlighted
andrianaly
Copper

PowerEdge M630 (VRTX) with PERC H730 Mini: Virtual drive not detected during installation of ESXi 6.5

Hi Everyone,

We have Dell PowerEdge M630 on VRTX Chassis with Integrated H730 Mini PERC Controller on the M630. Below are the steps I did to setup it but i got an issue at the end:

1. We have tryed to create RAID 1 with both local disk of the M630 from iDRAC or Integrated H730 Mini PERC Controller UI (using Ctrl+R) or in the Lifecycle Controller: any way the virtual disk is created. The Virtual Drive seems to be created without any alarm on the iDRAC UI
  2. After reboot, we have the following info:
    1. 1 Virtual Drive(s) found on the host adapter
    2. 0 Virtual Drive(s) handled by BIOS
  3. We try to install ESXi 6.5 using the latest Customized ESXi 6.5 ISO: VMware-VMvisor-Installer-6.5.0.update01-6765664.x86_64-DellEMC_Customized-A05

4. During the installation of the ESXi6.5: The virtual drive is not detected. I can't continue the installation.

Please anyone can help?

Thank You!

0 Kudos
1 Reply

RE: PowerEdge M630 (VRTX) with PERC H730 Mini: Virtual drive not detected during installation of ESXi 6.5

Hello

During the installation of the ESXi6.5: The virtual drive is not detected. I can't continue the installation.

I would suggest providing more information about this step. If the virtual disk is being created and you are using our custom image then the VD should be presented to the OS. The OS would see it as a hard disk drive.

Did you choose the check box to run a full initialization of the virtual disk when you created it? A full initialization writes zeroes to the drives. The virtual disk will not be available until that task is complete.

Thanks

Daniel Mysinger
Dell EMC, Enterprise Engineer

Get support on Twitter @DellCaresPRO

0 Kudos