Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

January 20th, 2010 12:00

PowerEdge T310 drivers for Windows 7 Pro

Hello,

We have a PowerEdge T310 system, but we installed Windows 7 Pro on it. The driver disk that came with it, as well as the website, only has drivers server OS and there are none listed for Windows 7 Pro OS. Where can I get drivers for this system for Windows 7 Pro OS? Or are they the same as the ones for one of the Windows Server OS? Which one? Thank you.

Best, Renat.

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

January 20th, 2010 13:00

As only server OS's are supported on the T310, Dell does not issue drivers specifically for client OS's.  That said, drivers for 2008 R2 generally should work.  If they tell you that the OS is not supported or you don't see a driver for something you need, you can usually find the driver on the website of the manufacturer of that device.

2 Posts

January 21st, 2010 20:00

I had Win7Pro installed, no extra drivers needed at all. The Matrox G200eW for Win2008 x64 will work with Win7 x64. However, I put in an ATI 3450 HDMI video card in it and installed driver, which give me much better video and sound. (I kept display connected to Matrox, put in ATI card, booted Win7 using the o/s driver. then restarted system and disable on-board video in BIOS, connect display to ATI, booted Win7. and at last, download lastest ATI driver and install and reboot)

1 Message

October 7th, 2010 08:00

Did you ever have any resource conflicts?  I have a t310, and tried multiple OSes on it, and the ATI video card will output video, while the NVidia one won't, but I can't install the drivers.  I just have conflicting resources with the secondary pci express root controller, and the video card is never visible to the system.  Good old Win 7/2k8 won't show this unless you really dig, but XP/2k3 admit it right away.    Vista/7/2008 display the name of the video adapter under video in device manager, but say there's a resource conflict.  I think Dell sold me some bad hardware but won't own up to it.

24 Posts

January 8th, 2011 14:00

ATI says the ATI 3450 requires 550 Watt power supply, the T310 is 400 watts,

also hows the heat? does the system provide enough cooling?

thanks

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

January 10th, 2011 09:00

If you wanted a workstation, why didn't you buy a workstation, instead of buying a low-end server and expect it to be something it's not?

24 Posts

January 11th, 2011 16:00

>>  (I kept display connected to Matrox, put in ATI card, booted Win7 using the o/s driver. then restarted system and disable on-board video in BIOS, connect display to ATI, booted Win7. and at last, download lastest ATI driver and install and reboot)

thanks for that post, I was about to do the same ... the post helped .. it worked

1 Message

August 6th, 2011 08:00

How is everyone doing with the T310 as a desktop with Win7?  This server with X3430 is down around $500 and I am also thinking of using it as a desktop to do video and photo editing work.  Is it worth it?  Or should I just go with the i5 or i7 for this.  Thanks!

1 Message

May 29th, 2013 12:00

I didn't have any problems with my raid drivers or any drivers in general.  What I did have a problem with is after installing Windows 7 Enterprise, I cannot activate it with our KMS key or KMS cscripts.  it says key is no longer valid, when I use the same the key on a regular Dell 855 machine it works just fine.

No Events found!