madmaxx65
1 Copper

Poweredge 2300 and inaccesable boot device after attempting to install w2003 server. PLEASE HELP.

Hi All,

I am in desparate need of assistance. I have a poweredge 2300 dual 450mhz box. It has a PERC2/dc controller. I updated firmware, bios and controller before starting. I boot to the 2003 server cd, press F6 and use the most current raid driver 6.35.2.32 and run the set up, see my drives and format them, install files and reboot, system comes up to Black Screen saying check hardware inaccesable boot device.. any ideas where I am going wrong????

thanks in advance..
0 Kudos
1 Reply
dhananjay
1 Copper

Re: Poweredge 2300 and inaccesable boot device after attempting to install w2003 server. PLEASE HELP.

Try reordering your PCI cards.  If your BIOS settings are their defaults, I suggest putting the PERC PCI card in slots PCI6 or PCI5.  You want the motherboard BIOS to see the PERC BIOS before other PCI cards.  I was fighting this for a week!

I could load and install the OS, but upon reboot it kept telling me that there was no boot device or inaccessible boot device.  Finally figured out that the PCI cards should be reordered.

Also, run the RCU (Resource Configuaration Utility) once you change the order of your PCI cards.

0 Kudos