Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 22nd, 2017 04:00

Poweredge R710 Powershell Command Not Returning Any Output

Hi Everyone,

I have a Dell Poweredge R710.  I am trying to install Veeam Backup & Replication which is failing as it is unable to collect the systems hardware info.  Their support asked me to run the following powershell commands, both of which should return information regarding the systems hardware:

gwmi -Class win32_bios

gwmi -Class win32_computersystemproduct | fl *

The first command provides the correct info/output.  The second produces nothing, it simply returns to the powershell prompt.  This is why Veeam is failiing to install as it needs the info from the 2nd command.  Veeam support have asked that I update the BIOS on the server, however it is already at the latest version.  Is there anything in the BIOS which may stop this command from collecting data?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Paul

• 

6.2K Posts

July 24th, 2017 10:00

Hello

Is there anything in the BIOS which may stop this command from collecting data?

Not that I'm aware of. Make sure you are running the command from the host operating system and not a virtual machine. Aside from that, make sure the OS is supported. If you are running an unsupported OS it may not function correctly.

www.dell.com/support/contents/article/Product-Support/Self-support-Knowledgebase/enterprise-resource-center/server-operating-system-support

Thanks

2 Posts

July 24th, 2017 10:00

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the reply, I think I have worked out what is wrong.  The BIOS is not displaying its version number.  When I run the BIOS utility updater this also shows the BIOS revision as blank and says that the version I am applying is newer than the current BIOS, however know 100% that the machine is running the latest version.  I think something screwy has occurred with the BIOS when I upgraded it.

Many Thanks

Paul

No Events found!