Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 19th, 2014 08:00

Poweredge T-320 - PERC H310: BSOD and storage related errors

Poweredge T-320 - PERC H310 / Windows server 2008R2 x64.

Perc Dirver ver. win64_6.801.5.0. - 

OS encounter randomly BSOD (0x7a), or disks stall randomly (not available) under workload.

Is someone had encounter the same issue? Did the next available driver release (6.802.19) fix that issue?

I've seen also an new Firmware release (20.13.0-0007_A08) for the PERC H310, if anyone have more informations about fixes than the release note (i found it to not be detailed as needed).

Thanks in advance.

261 Posts

August 19th, 2014 11:00

Hello.

We recommend that the Driver be updated to 6.802.19 also.  However, you should also run the hardware diagnostics.  Please export the controller log for review.  I'll be glad to look it over for you.  Send it to me directly. 

5 Posts

August 19th, 2014 12:00

Can you send me a email address where i can send you the log?

Best regards

5 Posts

August 19th, 2014 12:00

Thanks for your response.

I will upgrade the driver now, and plan to do the same with the new firmware.

Please see attached the controller's log (from DELL's Online diagnostic tool - Our OME has never raise due to WinRM error).

1 Attachment

261 Posts

August 19th, 2014 13:00

I sent you a PM with my email. Just send it on over for review. 

5 Posts

August 19th, 2014 23:00

Thanks,

I've just sent you the logfile.

When upgrading controller's Firmware, and there are no underlaying operations running, as recommended by the install notice, is there a risk to lost controller's RAID configuration?

261 Posts

August 21st, 2014 08:00

Sorry for the delay.  I was not able to find anything unsual either in the controller log. Firmware is good also on the drives at version YS0A for the Seagate drives.

Please run an advanced DSET report for me also.  It may not reveal the issue, but will give me a better picture of the rest of the server environment.

Current DSET link:
http://www.dell.com/support/contents/us/en/04/article/Product-Support/Self-support-Knowledgebase/enterprise-resource-center/Enterprise-Tools/dell-system-e-support-tool

261 Posts

August 21st, 2014 15:00

In response to your question about losing the RAID configuration...No, it is unlikely to cause that.  There is always a small possibility of failed firwmare udpate, but the RAID meta-data is also stored on the hard drives.

5 Posts

August 22nd, 2014 04:00

I've just sent you the DSET log by email, due to 500KB limitation of the forum's attached file. The file is2MB height.

Best regards

261 Posts

August 29th, 2014 14:00

Update for our forum users:

Problem was resolved. After applying the PERC driver update the BSOD issue not return. We reviewed the minidump from the system and also found what the issue was. 

The mini dump showed a problem with SEP (Symantec Endpoint Protection)

Kernel_Data_inpage_error (7a) ENG 64.sys and EX64.sys

SEP was leaving dirty memory when it unloaded and when the kernel tried to use the area,  it caused a BSOD. 

LRanaivo mentioned that when updating the PERC driver, the operations checklist included "set up SEP to exclude  pagefile.sys from SEP scan" which resolved the issue. 

No Events found!