Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 9th, 2012 11:00

Poweredge T300 & windows 7

Hallo to everyone...

I'm italian and i Have a Dell Power Edge T300.

I would like to install Windows 7 64bit on my server, is it possible??

I don't find any driver

Thanks a lot.

Ivano

4 Posts

Crepi il lupo........... :-)

4 Posts

I will check tomarrow morning in my office and ill write you.....

Thanks......

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

in bocca al lupo

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

Give it a try ... worst case scenario: you won't get it installed/working properly, then you can look at other solutions.  Does this server have a RAID controller installed?  Which one?

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

Possible?  Yes.  Supported?  No.  Dell does not support any client OS on any server, which just means that it is up to you to find the drivers and get it working.  Server 2008 R2 drivers will usually work ... or you can get drivers from the actual device manufacturers' websites (Intel, Broadcom, etc.).

Keep in mind that onboard server graphics are VERY basic and low-end, and use of add-in graphics cards are also not supported, meaning that you may have difficulty finding a decent graphics solution for running Windows 7 on this machine - or running it with very minimal graphics (no Aero or other visual features).

Why do you want to install Windows 7 on this server?

4 Posts

Thanks for your reply.......

I must install windows 7 because some software or application that I use for my work (medical and health system), don't run under windows server 2003 and It's work very well on wndows xp or seven.I can try to download server 2008 drivers and check problem.

What do you think?

No Events found!