Highlighted
fotal
1 Copper

R520 - MS 2012r2 new unit, is it possible to move os to a raid set from single original drive, if so how??

Hello,  we just received a new r520 with the 2012r2 installed on the 500gb sas disk.  I'd like to have the os on a raid 1 made up of 2 - 800gb sas drives that I have.  Is there a quick way to move/migrate, the current os from the 500gb drive to the 800gb raid1??  Or do I need to do a full reinstall?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
theflash1932
6 Indium

RE: R520 - MS 2012r2 new unit, is it possible to move os to a raid set from single original drive, if so how??

Which controller do you have?

Does the disk show up in the controller/OMSA as non-RAID/volume or as a RAID 0?

0 Kudos
fotal
1 Copper

RE: R520 - MS 2012r2 new unit, is it possible to move os to a raid set from single original drive, if so how??

It's an h710. I was going to make the raid then wanted to somehow migrate the os without a full reinstall. If the migration is not possible in the 1st place I'll just rebuild/reinstall immediately
0 Kudos
theflash1932
6 Indium

The H710 does not support non-RAID, so if you have a single disk, it must be a RAID 0. You CAN reconfigure your 1-disk RAID 0 to a 2-disk RAID 1. Just insert the disk, then use OMSA to "reconfigure" the RAID 0, choosing the new disk and RAID 1 as the target RAID level.

0 Kudos