Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

February 19th, 2017 05:00

R630 PXE dpeloyment of Windows 2008R2 - ERROR - percsas3 - Driver package is [Critical]. Error code is [0x32][gle=0x00000032]

Hi community,
for the past few weeks I have battling percsas3 issues on my PXE deploying for my first R630 with Windows 2008R2 OS. Our deployment environment is based on WINPE 5.1 with heavily fine-tuned powershell script engines. So far I had no problems with other brand like HP, IBm and ETC. But our first Dell R630 gives my headaches.

Long story short, I cannot pass the percsas3 drivers (see error messages at the end of this post). I did try different versions, found over in Dell site. but all of them gave same result. I even tried downgrading WINPE version and loosing powershell, but WINPE 3.1 gave me BSOD on percsas3.sys.

I cannot use Lifecycle approach, since our all sources for the software and scripts are sitting on NAS and are dynamically linked with app codes in stash libraries, so ISO is not solution for us.

Any advice is appreciated, I ran out of the ideas.

ERROR for google indexing service:

Warning [0x0602b1] IBS AddDriverPackageIntoDriverStore:Failed to add the driver package [X:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\percsas3.inf_amd64_06a3edb794d48eeb\percsas3.inf] into driver store. Error code is [0x80070032]
Error [0x0602a9] IBS CallBack_AddDriverPackageIntoDriverStore:Failed to install the driver package [X:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\percsas3.inf_amd64_06a3edb794d48eeb\percsas3.inf]. Driver package is [Critical]. Error code is [0x32][gle=0x00000032]

Error [0x0602ab] IBS CallBack_AddDriverPackageIntoDriverStore:An error occurred while installing the driver package [] offline GLE is [0x32][gle=0x00000032]

Info [0x0640ae] IBSLIB PublishMessage: Publishing message [Windows installation cannot continue because a required driver could not be installed.]

Info [0x0a013d] UI Accepting Cancel. Exiting Page Progress.

p.s  I have the same issue like this guy:

https://www.symantec.com/connect/forums/dell-r620-and-unattended-installation-w2k8r2

• 

6.2K Posts

February 19th, 2017 14:00

Hello

Which PERC are you using? Is the USB mode set to 2.0 in the system BIOS?

Thanks

7 Posts

February 20th, 2017 03:00

I'm running PERC H330 mini with USB 3 disabled. before I started on-boarding Dell profile into the company, I updated all the firmware and BIOS (maybe this was a mistake, but no turning back)

UPDATE1: Maybe its not related, but another thing I noticed that  during the WINPE phase, my Windows are mapped to D disk (C - for some reasons goes to System Reserve partition). I'm using autounattend.xml file.

UPDATE2: same problem with C drive ONLY.  So disk alignment is not the root cause of the issues

Any ideas are appriciated

Alex

• 

6.2K Posts

February 23rd, 2017 10:00

Unless you have stripped drivers then the standard SAS driver in 2008R2 should work for the PERC H330. Have you create a RAID volume or set the disks to non-RAID mode? If you have not configured the disks then there will be nothing for the OS to write to.

I would simplify the installation for the purpose of troubleshooting. I would suggest attempting a normal installation instead of your scripted PXE install to see if your encounter issues. This will help determine if it is an issue with your script.

Thanks

No Events found!