Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 11th, 2009 13:00

SBS 2008 nic teaming Intel Quad 1000 VT on PE 2900

Hi, I'm new to this forum and I hope someone can help me :emotion-1:

I installed Windows Small Business Server 2008 on my PowerEdge 2900 with Intel 1000 VT Quad Gigabit NIC.

After executing all Wizards (Connect to internet ecc.) everthing was working fine. Than I created a nic team of all 4 Gigabit ports on my Intel nic with the same IPs, but now Internet connection doesn't work anymore and Windows is showing the limited connectivity sign.

If I resolve the team, everything is working again.

I read a lot of posts in Internet, saying that SBS 08 is supporting only one nic, at least for the wizards, but it should be possible to team the nics after having executed the wizards.

So I did, but it doesn't work

Can anybody help me, any suggestions?

Thank you in advance for any hints

Tom

15 Posts

March 28th, 2009 20:00

Please clarify a point from your posting:

"After executing all Wizards (Connect to internet ecc.) everthing was working fine. Than I created a nic team of all 4 Gigabit ports on my Intel nic with the same IPs, but now Internet connection doesn't work anymore and Windows is showing the limited connectivity sign"

Do you really mean that you you gave each NIC port the same IP address, or did you mean to say that you teamed them together using a software utility and gave the team the IP address. You have to team them together with a software utility to actually "team" them.

I have been unable to locate a utility to team the Intel Pro VT quad NICs. I have been searching for a way to team them. It is not a problem for my VMware ESX hosts as VMware provides that capability, but I cannot find a utility to work for me Dell NF500 NAS (Windows Storage Server 2003 x64).

If you are using a teaming utility - where did it come from? I'd like to download it.

Thanks.

Greg

3 Posts

March 29th, 2009 05:00

Hi Greg,

you have to use the driver/Proset utility from Intels homepage.

http://www.intel.com/support/network/sb/cs-006120.htm?iid=business+support_pro1000

Tom

17 Posts

May 31st, 2011 09:00

What was the solutions here?  I'd like to get my SBS 2011 running with teamed NIC.  Were you able to get the team working with the intel driver/utility?

3 Posts

June 6th, 2011 00:00

Hi,

yes, as I remember the trick was NOT to use Microsofts wizards.. After teaming the nics with the proset utility I've manually configured the TCP/IP settings and it worked fine.

Hope it can help :-)

Tom

No Events found!