Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 10th, 2014 07:00

SBS 2011 (T110 II) reinstallation

SBS2011, T110 II, will be reinstalling. It appears that I boot to the OpenManage Systems Management Tools and Documentation DVD that came with the computer, and it will tell me what to do step by step, is that correct?  Will this result in the computer being as it was when computer was delivered, size of partitions the same, everything the same?  Or will I need to choose which roles/features to install during the installation?

Thanks, Steve

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

December 10th, 2014 07:00

No, it will be a clean installation of Windows, and it will be up to you to choose the disk and partition layout, as well as the server's functions.

23 Posts

December 10th, 2014 08:00

Ok, thanks.  I'll have to look pretty close as to what it has now then.

When I first set this up, I saw that when I joined our windows7 computers to the Domain, "Windows Small Business Server 2011 Standard ClientAgent" was installed on them.  Is that a file I will need to download somewhere, installed by group policy?

Steve

9 Posts

February 19th, 2015 11:00

I'm curious how long it should take to reinstall SBS 2011 on the server?  

I've got a corrupted Active Directory on my T110 II server and am told I'll have to rebuild it. 

Thanks.

23 Posts

February 20th, 2015 06:00

I don't recall how long it took, but it was less time than I expected.  I "unjoined" computers from the Domain one day, and ran the SBS setup the next day, which took about a 6 hours, I guess, including most windows updates. Not running Exchange, so nothing I had to do there. And, ours is only a 7 person small office, so not much for me to do, actually.   Remember to prep your client workstations before "unjoining" from Domain.

btw, reference my last question about the SBS client in programs on the workstations, it "appeared" on its own, whether from windows update on the clients, or pushed out when joined back to the domain.

Steve

2 Posts

May 20th, 2018 19:00

I just need to renew my program as you notice read. mesuganov.

2 Posts

May 20th, 2018 19:00

I don't have any idea what you are talking about.

No Events found!