Start a Conversation

Unsolved

11 Posts

November 6th, 2022 21:00

DG and SRDF

Hello Team,

I am new to srdf replication process. I have a doubt and I was hoping someone can help me with that here.

So, I have created SRDF groups and started replication and then I also have created DG groups as well which is working fine.

But, when i list out SRDF groups using below command on both source array and destination array, i see same SRDF groups.

Symcfg -sid sourcesid/destsid list -rdfg all

However when i list DG groups from source i can see the list,but i cannot see the same DG groups when i list them from destination array. Is that normal ? Are the DG groups not accessible when we give remote Sid in the list command ? Shouldn't DG groups reflect in destination same as SRDF groups ?

Can someone please help me understand difference between them.

Symdg -sid sourcesid/destinationsid list 

• 

6.9K Posts

November 7th, 2022 09:00

Hello Vara5a3,

Here is a link to PowerMax Info Hub, and if you look under the Use Local and Remote Replication Services tab there are some guides that explain more about SRDF. https://dell.to/3Ede6IR

11 Posts

November 7th, 2022 20:00

Thank you I will take a look. But can you tell me , when we create a RDF1 DG group on arrayA from arrayA to arrayB, shouldn't the DG groups be visible using both the below commands ?

Symdg -sid arrayAsid list

Symdg -sid arrayBsid list

• 

6.9K Posts

November 8th, 2022 07:00

Hello Vara5a3,

If you have added a device to the group and you are not able to see it then you can reissue the command and leave out -sid and it should work.

11 Posts

November 8th, 2022 23:00

Hello,

Thanks for the response. Yes. I am aware of that and I can see the DG group when i ignore -sid. But I wanted to know why it isn't listing the group when I use -sid(remote) . I can list the group using source -sid. Do you think I made any errors while configuring the group ?

• 

6.9K Posts

November 9th, 2022 09:00

Hello Vara5a3,

Your syntax does look to be correct.

No Events found!