R

1 Rookie

• 

45 Posts

June 30th, 2022 15:00

PMAX migration

Hi,

I have PMAX migration scenario :

A (Prod) ------ (SRDF/Async) -------> B (DR) --------(SRDF/Adaptive) ------> C (New Prod)

In above scenario, after migration, I have to remove A site and C will become new Prod site. so eventually my final scenario will be like below :

C (Prod)  ------ (SRDF/Async) -------> B (DR) 

What is the best procedure to achieve above ? Trying to findout step-by-step procedure. Our plan is to migrate one server at a time from A site to C site so lets say I have one server in A site with all the LUNs are in SRDF (one RDF group = one server) then what would be my steps ?

Thanks

• 

6.9K Posts

July 1st, 2022 07:00

Hello rbhatewa,

Here is a link to VMAX, VMAX3, VMAX All Flash & PowerMax: Primary Article for Non-Disruptive Migration (NDM) which has other guides and best practices documents for doing a migration.  https://dell.to/3nwPZLS

1 Rookie

• 

45 Posts

July 1st, 2022 11:00

My scenario is not NDM based. Do you have anything for SRDF based migration for scenario mentioned in my earlier comment ?

Thanks

• 

6.9K Posts

July 1st, 2022 14:00

Hello rbhatewa,

Which PMAX system do you have and what is your current os version?

1 Rookie

• 

45 Posts

July 3rd, 2022 19:00

Hi,

PMAX 2000 and OS is 5978.711.711.

Thanks

• 

6.9K Posts

July 5th, 2022 09:00

Hello rbhatewa,

Here is a link to a guide and if you look at chapter 4 it explains the process for data migration. https://dell.to/3unEOJu

• 

8.5K Posts

July 12th, 2022 14:00

Page 32 of that document shows the DR scenarios. 

1 Rookie

• 

45 Posts

July 12th, 2022 14:00

Hi,

In above mentioned scenario, how I can get consistent copy of LUNs in C site ? Lets say I have a VM in A site and I want to test DR for that VM on site C then what all steps I needs to execute ?

A (Prod) ------ (SRDF/Async) -------> B (DR) --------(SRDF/Adaptive) ------> C (New Site)

Thanks

No Events found!