Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 13th, 2012 12:00

AIX devices rescan "cfgmgr" does no longer discover a powerpatrh device

Hello,

Aix command "cfgmgr" does not discover a powerpath device.

The AIX server has powerpath devices, last time we created a 2 Tb Lun and associated it to a SG, then created an AIX Volume group and Filesystem

on it. We destroy everything again because the SuperBloc of the file system had a problem, now we cannot recreate a powerpath device again, no error

displayed.

Which commands to use to the hdiskpower ?

Thanks for help

Consty

52 Posts

September 13th, 2012 13:00

What command did you use to destroy the LUN?  An "exportvg" followed by a "powermt remove dev=hdiskpowerX" ?.

Did you count the number of PowerPath pseuodos before and after this process (to determine if you really 'lost' the PowerPath pseudo, or if it came back under a different hdiskpowerX name) ?

If you remove the LUN from the array (as part of the "destroy" process), it could have come back as a different LUN w/ a different hdiskpower name.

• Run powermt display and powermt display dev=all and save the results to two different files (for comparison later)
  • Then run a powermt config

Checking the output of "powermt display" after the "powermt config" should tell if a new hdiskpower got configured due to the" powermt config"

232 Posts

September 14th, 2012 02:00

Thanks for your response.

I did an "exportvg" followed by "powermt remove dev...",  I counted the number of pseudos, they were 6 from 0 to 5,

I've also ran "powermt config" then "cfgmgr", it's the same, no way to discover hdiskpower6 again.

Regards

52 Posts

September 14th, 2012 05:00

One reason PP will not configure a PP pseudo is when all paths are dead, or in a strange state (such a not-ready).

When cfgmgr was run, did the hdisk devices for the missing PP pseudo show up as available ?

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

September 14th, 2012 05:00

but  native (hdisk) gets discovered ?

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

September 14th, 2012 07:00

compare output from "powermt display dev=all" and lsdev -Cc disk

232 Posts

September 14th, 2012 07:00

Hello,

There are hdisks, it is difficult to know which ones were discovered afterwards .

How to see the corresponding hdisks for the missing PP ?

Thanks

Regards

232 Posts

September 14th, 2012 08:00

Same hdiskpowerX from 0 to 5.

On remark, I saw some LUNZ hdiskY at the beginning and I deleted them

Thanks

Regards

232 Posts

October 11th, 2012 09:00

Hello,

Everything was OK after rebooting the system.

Thanks for assistance

Consty

No Events found!