Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 1st, 2016 13:00

All devices masked to Linux server show as pseudo name = ???

I have a Linux server running RedHat 6.7 and when I run powermt display dev=all command all the devices masked to this server their pseudo names show up as being ???. Per KB455716 i have run the ctree utility to fix the corruption and removed the 2 files /etc/emcp_devilishness, /etc/emcp_devicesDB.dat. I am running Powerpath 6.0 SP1 and have glibc 2.12-1.92 installed. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled PowerPath. Has anyone seen this issue before and been able to fix it?

31 Posts

December 7th, 2016 19:00

G'day HarbK. Please try running the powermt display against a specific linux sd device; eg, powermt display dev=sdaa and post the output. Thanks...ian

16 Posts

December 22nd, 2016 10:00

Thanks for this command. This will definitely give me the info I need to identify the disks masked to this server.

powermt display dev=sdij

Pseudo name=emcpowercb

Symmetrix ID=

Logical device ID=0D0B

Device WWN=

state=alive; policy=BasicFailover; queued-IOs=0

==============================================================================

--------------- Host ---------------   - Stor -  -- I/O Path --   -- Stats ---

###  HW Path               I/O Paths    Interf.  Mode     State   Q-IOs Errors

==============================================================================

12 lpfc                   sdij       FA  8g:00 active   alive      0      0

12 lpfc                   sdd        FA 10g:00 active   alive      0      0

31 Posts

December 27th, 2016 17:00

G'day Harbk, Please let me know if I can provide any more assistance. Regards, Ian

16 Posts

December 29th, 2016 07:00

Hello Ian. I am good now. The command you gave was very helpful. Also I found in a document all of the files and directories that are created when you install powerpath. After uninstalling powerpath I went in to the server and removed any of the files and directories that still remained. I then did a clean install of powerpath and the pseudo names showed up correctly.

No Events found!