Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 9th, 2011 10:00

EMC PowerPath Viewer Now Available for Download

EMC PowerPath Viewer is a new no-charge centralized monitoring utility that provides you with more visibility than ever into PowerPath-supported storage environments. It consolidates events and allows you to view and monitor PowerPath hosts through a single graphical user interface (GUI). With EMC PowerPath Viewer, PowerPath customers can view hosts, host groups, LUNs, individual paths to each LUN, and buses.  PowerPath Viewer also provides email alerts to any changes in the status of PowerPath devices.

PowerPath Viewer includes two (2) components:

1. PowerPath Viewer Console: This interface displays information and alerts about PowerPath-supported devices in windows and panes that you can tailor to meet your specific data center needs.
  2. PowerPath Management Component: This host-based software monitors host, LUN, data path, and bus events and sends information and alerts to the PowerPath Viewer Console over IP.

The PowerPath Management Component supports the Windows (including Hyper-V), Linux, and VMware vSphere operating systems.

Download PowerPath Viewer from Powerlink at: Home > Support > Software Downloads and Licensing > Downloads P-R > PowerPath Viewer.

25 Posts

June 30th, 2011 19:00

Sweet... when's the love coming for AIX?

52 Posts

July 1st, 2011 14:00

Hi! Support for AIX is due out in the SP2 release.

May 29th, 2012 23:00

Hi All,

I would like to explore Powerpath Viewer. We have almost 400 Hosts connected in storage environment.

Can you please advice do i need additional license to use PowerPath Viewer or can it be used for free ?

Thanks and Regards,

Dinesh Punyani

89 Posts

May 30th, 2012 14:00

Hi Dinesh,

PowerPath Viewer is a no-charge download available to PowerPath customers. Follow the Powerlink path:

Home > Support > Software Downloads and Licensing > Downloads P-R > PowerPath Viewer. Enjoy!

Best regards,

Mark

5 Posts

November 18th, 2012 03:00

Will there be any new enhancement or new version of PowerPath VE release to public, I am waiting for the centralise version so that we can install on the server rather than workstation, this will save us having to export and import inventory to other PC.

Thanks

S

February 7th, 2013 11:00

Hi All,

I have a question . Is there any problem in running powerpath viewer console on a machine where powerpath is running ?

Quick response will be highly appreciated ..

86 Posts

December 18th, 2013 08:00

This is very cool. I wish I knew about this a while ago. Can anyone confirm if this has the ability to monitor PowerPath Migrations in progress?

88 Posts

December 18th, 2013 08:00

Hi Clayton - PowerPath Viewer does not monitor migrations.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Bob Lonadier

PowerPath Product Manager

20 Posts

March 11th, 2016 08:00

where can i download the latest Powerpath Viewer ?

88 Posts

March 11th, 2016 09:00

20 Posts

March 21st, 2016 20:00

what is the maximum hosts can PP viewer supports? if you install this on a Windows host, does it require like a service account so only one account manages it and has the same view for everything?

88 Posts

March 22nd, 2016 06:00

Hi - per the release notes (p, 14), the maximum number of hosts that can be supported per Viewer instance is 500

If I understand the second part of the question there is only one account that manages viewer (same view for everything).

Bob

No Events found!