Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

May 22nd, 2014 13:00

Hosts all showing same ip/name for windows 2012 servers even though...

Hi,

I registered four hosts(non clustered) for the windows team. The last week I noticed that in the initiators section that all four have the same host name and ip now even though they were not originally registered that way. I get a default capital letter name ip directly from the windows servers after they install unisphere. What could have changed? Is there a host file listed in some unisphere configuration file on windows similiar to hostid.txt on linux?The disks are also showing a path status of "mixed".

Many thanks in advance!

Admingirl

614 Posts

Thank you Dynamox! Supposedly freshly installed. Where can we look other than the config file for any host references?

614 Posts

we fixed the "mixed" issue by forcing that mixed path to active with the set mode command in powerpath.

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

do you know if these were "cloned" or freshly installed ?

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

May 22nd, 2014 14:00

are you using Unisphere agent or did you register them manually ? The new version of Powerpath supposedly can provide the same host registration as what Unisphere agent does ..i have yet to experiment with that. I remember there was a file on windows similar to hostid on Linux i just can't recall its name. If somebody would clone a system with navi agent already installed, it would cause similar issues. Did you try to restart Management service to rule out Unisphere behaving funky ?

614 Posts

May 23rd, 2014 06:00

Is restarting the management console disruptive? I don't think so but I need confirmation. It's been awhile since I had to do this.

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

May 23rd, 2014 07:00

restarting management server is not disruptive, go to https://spa/setup , login and scroll down until you see "Restart Management server", restart it. Wait a few minutes and do the same thing on spb.

No Events found!