Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 24th, 2013 11:00

PowerPath with EVA6000 (HSV200 controller)

We have a windows 2003 SP2 machine which has a LUN from EVA6000 and use now HP DSM MPIO software.

Now i installed PP 5.5 SP1 the EVA LUN and EVA6000 are not managed bij PP (can't see them in PP manager)

there are still managed by HP DSM MPIO.

Whe used it before with other EVA's with no problem.

Is this EVA not supported or is there sommething else wrong?

19 Posts

July 24th, 2013 11:00

Did you deinstall the HP DSM first as i would think this would be a default in the install section

89 Posts

July 24th, 2013 12:00

I found this in the release notes:

PowerPath 5.5 supports EVA arrays running firmware VCS4.x

(ALUA mode). These arrays are managed under the hpxp class.

EVA arrays running the older firmware, VCS 3.x (active-passive

mode), have been deprecated in PowerPath 5.5. These devices are

managed under the hphsx class, which will not be installed with

PowerPath 5.5 (but which will be enabled on upgrades from

PowerPath 5.3 if the PowerPath 5.3 installation has that class

enabled).

Also, devices cannot be managed by two different DSM products at once.  You would have to allow either PowerPath or the Hitachi DSm to manage teh dievices, but not both.

Hi,

PowerPath cannot co-manage devices with third-party path management software. During installation of PowerPath, the

installation script tests for the presence of third-party path management software on the system. If such software is installed on the system, the PowerPath installation script disables support for the corresponding array type in PowerPath.

Regards

Are you sure you installed the PP driver with the optional support for HP arrays.  The standard install does not include support for third party arrays.

July 25th, 2013 02:00

We did this on more than 10 host by a other customer. installed PP and after reboot the EVA en LUN are visable under PP management and disapear under HP MPIO DSM Manager.

after that we deinstalled the HP DSM software!

i think there is a other issue.

No Events found!