Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

T

June 27th, 2011 13:00

simulator

Is there a navisphere simulator for emc I an download?

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

June 27th, 2011 13:00

5.7K Posts

June 28th, 2011 01:00

Hmmmm, I didn't get an email notification of this post !

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

June 28th, 2011 04:00

i agree, email notifications have been very flaky lately ..some never make it to my inbox. David can you escalate please ?

Thanks

154 Posts

June 28th, 2011 04:00

This has happened to me as well with some of the posts.  IF our forum software works like similar open source forum s/w then the notifications are succeptible to mail or tcp/ip issues the same as all the rest of us.  A couple of ways that can happen is maintenance windows, or if someone is working on a piece of the forum s/w while the forums are still active.  (you can do this in phpbb, not sure about our s/w here at EMC).

Ironically, I did get the email notification of your forum post indicating you did not get an email notification ...  Even so, I am going to report the failure to "my peeps" to see if there's something to it.  Thanks for letting us know.

Best regards,

Dave Yates

EMC TSE IV

Benevolent Host Systems Monderator

"Il Moderatore Benevolo"

5.7K Posts

June 28th, 2011 05:00

I think it's worth checking the various blacklists.

We found out that 209.46.39.252 is on a blacklist: http://www.mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action=blacklist%3a209.46.39.252

154 Posts

June 28th, 2011 09:00

dynamox wrote:

i agree, email notifications have been very flaky lately ..some never make it to my inbox. David can you escalate please ?

Thanks

Done.

Dave Yates

EMC TSE IV

Benevolent Host Systems Moderator

"Il Moderatore Benevolo"

5.7K Posts

June 29th, 2011 01:00

I received the notification on Tuesday June 28 at 21:09 ! So, a day later than when it was posted !!!!

7 Posts

January 4th, 2012 08:00

hello, can you please suggest the link for the lab-guide/manual for Navisphere_Simulator_4.29 ? thanks

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

January 4th, 2012 09:00

don't know any lab-guides/manual ..but the help function in Navisphere itself should provide sufficient help.

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

January 4th, 2012 18:00

Do you have access to PowerLink informaiton ?

Home > Support > Technical Documentation and Advisories > Software ~ J-O ~ Documentation > Navisphere Management Suite

7 Posts

hello,

i have access to Powerlink Lite view. i had come across this path which u have suggested, but i can't trace it from my login and fail to get that documents. i could manage to get hold of the zip folder for the mentioned version of simulator though. can you help in this regard, else guess will have to write to emc regarding the query. thanks

7 Posts

@dynamox: actually there is no help file associated with that Navisphere_simulator_4.29 download. So the help window is not at all loaded with any info and flashes empty screen on click with all options shadowed.

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

January 4th, 2012 19:00

navisphere did not change between flare version 28 and 29 so you can use the same lab guide.

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

do you currently own EMC hardware and have an active support contract ?

7 Posts

No,allow me to put my platform clearly. I'm a concerned faculty in emc-academic alliance. i was planning to schedule navisphere_simulator lab exercise in one of the sessions.i make use of learning aids provided to us including the simulator one. i had the installation s/w a year back which flashes expired notification now. so i'm exploring my search for the latest version and landed in the above scenario as described. i have registered for this semester too in the alliance. can you please guide further. thanks 

No Events found!