Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 28th, 2021 07:00

Welcome to PowerStore Education Discussion board

Hello Folks!

Welcome to the Dell Technologies Education Services Community Site.

Let me introduce myself first. My name is Stéphane and I am the Global Lead Instructor for PowerStore. I’ve been working for Dell Technologies for about 18 years now. I started with EMC as a Customer Engineer, then moved to a NAS Regional Technical Support role, and lastly moved to the Education Services 13 years ago.

Block and File Mid-Range storage is my main area of expertise (PowerStore, PowerScale, Unity).

When I’m not delivering trainings, I enjoy my family and friends. I like good restaurants. The last one was “Le Mirazur”. Thanks, Mauro, for that great culinary journey. Well, of course, I need to work out after that . I do like running and more particularly Trail running. Last run was a 100 Km around the Mont-Blanc.

We are all here to learn, share, ask questions and get answers!

Don’t hesitate to start a discussion if you want to get more information about PowerStore.

November 30th, 2021 06:00

Greetings @auwebber23 ,

You can learn much more on the available trainings on the Dell Technologies education website here

Here is a list of available trainings that you can find on that web site:

DellStephaneD_0-1638282768018.png

Hope it helps!

Cheers

1 Message

October 24th, 2021 10:00

Greetings Stephane,

Thanks for your efforts to educate Dell community.

We are currently having VMWare clusters ,Unity450F( 6 QTY 15.6TB SSD in both sites Unity 450F) and RPA 5.0 at Main and DR site . We are running two way replication of storage LUNs and using VMWare SRM for failover automation. RPA does deduplication and compression a lot due to which replication bandwidth requirement is greatly reduced.

Since 450F is going end of sale. Can you advise on replacement EMC storage model  where we can use existing RPA 5.0 based replication setup and easily migrate to new storage at both sites. 

November 5th, 2021 02:00

Greetings mbashraf,

So far, Recoverpoint doesn't support PowerStore as a backend storage. You can check that in the Recoverpoint Simple Support Matrix

To have Recoverpoint with PowerStore you would need to have VPLEX in between.

If you want to keep your architecture as it is you can migrate to Unity XT model (probably 480F). You should get closer to your Dell Technologies representative and talk about your project to get a good insight on the available options.

Hope it helps!

Feel free to reply on that thread if you have additional questions.

November 15th, 2021 04:00

It's cool that you're working on PowerStore Education, but it's a pity you don't give trainings on it. I would be very grateful if you share a page or contact where I can learn more about PowerStore Education.

No Events found!