Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 24th, 2010 06:00

MD3000 error 1009 and error 1010

Good day. I have a problem with the MD3000
When you try to synchronize the time, or create a virtual disk manually raise the following error

- Time Synchronization error1009
ERROR DATA

Command sent to RAID controller module in slot:
Host name: 0.0.0.0
IP address: 0.0.0.0

Return code: Error 1009 - A management connection to all RAID controller modules in the storage array must be accessible to complete this operation.

If you are managing this storage array directly through the Ethernet (out-of-band), a management connection to at least one RAID controller module still needs to be defined. Use the Add Storage Array option to define a management connection (IP address or DNS / Network name).

If you are managing this storage array through the host agent (in-band), verify that all physical paths to the storage array are connected and operational. Then run the hot_add utility on the affected host, and then Refresh or Rescan the Host.
Operation when error occurred: < >
Timestamp: Feb 24, 2010 12:17:23 PM

- When you try to manually create a virtual disk error 1010
Return code: Error 1010 - A management connection to the RAID controller module in slot 0 must be defined to complete this operation.

If you are managing this RAID controller module directly through the Ethernet (out-of-band), you must define its management connection (IP address or DNS / Network name) using the Add Storage Array option.

If you are managing this RAID controller module through a host agent (in-band), verify that all physical paths to the RAID controller module are connected and operational. Then run the hot_add utility on the affected host, and then Refresh or Rescan the Host.
Operation when error occurred: < >
Timestamp: Feb 24, 2010 11:58:23 AM

The automatic creation of a virtual disk and everything goes well.

While uses only one controller. He connected one port to the server, plus included in the lan

11 Posts

February 24th, 2010 06:00

How are you managing the enclosure? Are you using the etherner connection to the management port. If so, you need to make sure ethernet ports on both controllers are active and connected.

3 Posts

February 24th, 2010 07:00

This is necessary even if the controller is not connected not to a single server and is not used?

Thank you will try to  :emotion-2:

9.3K Posts

February 25th, 2010 06:00

To sync the time, it wants to push the time to both controllers (assuming the enclosure has 2 controllers (Dell offers it with a single controller)). This is even the case if you're only using one of the 2 controllers for disk access.

154 Posts

March 4th, 2010 14:00

As the members stated above, most array management commands might need to be sent to both controllers. This ensures that the 2 controllers don't get out of sync. This ensures that the owning controller gets the command directly.

-Mohan

39 Posts

November 11th, 2011 08:00

I still don't get this. If I only use ONE controller, then you seem to be telling me that, in order to syncrhonize, I MUST hook up BOTH cables? I have MD3000 - not the "i" version - and I only will use a single controller for each server - I don't care about the multi-path redundancy; and I don't care about (nor do I use) 'out-of-band' (never have gotten that to work, even if I assign IP addresses, etc.). I mean, does this "synch" even buy me anything?

So, I hook up both (actually - all 'four') controllers, just so I can 'synch' the time. Wow. Just amazing.

I guess if I really want, I could disable the 2nd controller at the 'server' side?

Any thoughts or help greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

No Events found!