Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 8th, 2017 13:00

TL2000 Bad Power Supply?

I'm having issues (not booting, various errors when it does), and I'm suspecting a bad power supply (still kinda working, but putting out lower voltages). Let's start at the beginning and keep this simple-

With the TL2000 powered on, should the fan on the power supply be running?

I'm new to these systems, but need to get an old one running to get some archival data of a set of tapes.

Thanks in advance for any advice on this.

--Nathan

November 21st, 2017 13:00

Update: It was indeed the power supply, all the fans and everything appears to be up and running normally with the replacement. Thanks for all the replies.

November 9th, 2017 00:00

the fan on the psu should always spin.

its the easiest thing to try first.

• 

6.9K Posts

November 9th, 2017 08:00

Hello Nathan,

As tapelibraryfixer stated that the power supply fans should be spinning as long as the system is powered on. What errors are you getting on the front panel of your TL2000?

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

November 9th, 2017 09:00

Thanks for confirming that.

I did some troubleshooting pulling the modules out of the back.

The system won’t boot with both the iSCSI bridge card and the tape drive installed. Front screen/lights flicker 4-5x/sec as if it's trying to power on, but can't, so constantly resets.

With the iSCSI card installed, and the tape drive removed, the system reports robot communication error.

With the SAS card removed, and the tape drive installed, the system boots, and the robot functions (moving tapes etc). 

It doesn't look the iSCSI card is actually powering up at all.

None of the cooling fans are spinning up (Power supply, iSCSI card, tape drive sled).

There's something very screwy going on, so I'm going to grab a replacement power supply and see if that solves it. 

Updates to follow.

No Events found!