Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 30th, 2012 00:00

Concurrent admin sessions with MD3600f

Hello!

Can at least two different administrators connect to a single MD3600f array in configuration mode concurrently? Or, altenatively, is there an ability to force sign-out an admin when a second admin tries to connect in config mode?

I do not have an array myself to try it out, and in the documentation they mention only monitor session limit: "A maximum of eight storage management stations can concurrently monitor an out-of-band managed storage array".

Thanks!

Kaspars

• 

6.9K Posts

January 30th, 2012 08:00

Hello Kaspars,

Yes you can have 2 different administrators connected to the MDSM.  It is not recommend as by doing so can cause corruption to the Array.  Also there isn’t a way to setup an alert to notify you that the other admin is logged in or to do a force sign out. You can also set the alerts using SNMP to monitor the alerts and you can set that up by following the steps on page 87.

support.dell.com/.../OM.pdf

Let us know how it goes

• 

6.9K Posts

January 30th, 2012 09:00

Kaspars,

Yes if 2 people make changes at the same time in the Array you can cause corruption depending on the changes& when they are committed to the array.  

Let us know how it goes

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

January 30th, 2012 09:00

>> It is not recommend as by doing so can cause corruption to the Array

WOW, you're kidding, right? If you're not, it's good to be aware of this. I did not see any warning about possible array corruption in the documentation while I was researching this subject.

Thanks for your quick reply.

Kaspars

February 3rd, 2012 18:00

Kaspars - the reason for this is MDSM is a single instance application.  I think when installing the managment stations it advises you of the services being configured as "auto" or "manual" to avoid this issue.

No Events found!