Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 13th, 2005 13:00

Creating a Container for PV 200S

Hi all,

Have a PowerEdge 2550  and a PowerVault 200s .

The PV array went down a couple months ago and we managed to recover the data from a recovery company and now we are ready to re-introduce the drive into the array again.
When the array went down 3 out the 4 drives where showing errors, we new its a big coincidence for all 3 drives to fail and realised it could be an issue with the back plane.

The 4 x ST318404LC scsi drives where introduce into the 4 other free slots not used before and all drives showed green for OK.  After rebooting went into array manager in bios (Ctrl + M) and tried to view the container or at least create a new one.  The menu look different as I could not create the containers.

Pressing (Ctrl + A) on boot up will lounch Configuration utility and in the menu the classic 3 options appeared, one of them been Manager Containers, unfortunately this menu lead only to showing drives on the PE 2550 and not the Array.  Hence, I thought I was on the right menu originaly but I didn't have Manage Container, etc to re-introduce the four drives back again.

Can someone point out what I have done wrong maybe, and perhaps give me docs on how this should be done.

Thank you

48 Posts

May 24th, 2005 17:00

It sounds like you have both onboard ROMB RAID controller and an additional PERC 3. The ROMB controller is likely handling your 2550 internal drives and can be accessed using the CTRL-A BIOS menus. The PV200 is likely connected to the PERC 3 controller and is managed using CTRL-M.

The PERC 3/DC User Guide is available online and has a good section on the BIOS Configuration Manager. It should help you in creating the new logical drive.

No Events found!