Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

November 2nd, 2017 03:00

DELL PE R710 with PERC H800 connecting to MD1200 storage

Good Morning. We've got a PE R710 server connecting to a MD1200 storage array using a PERC H800 controller. Recently replaced a faulty EMM module in the storage. All the lights are green on the devices, but OMSA 8.5 is reporting that the EMM has failed. I've updated all the devices to the latest firmware, but this issue persists. OMSA reports that everything is OK when disconnecting the SAS cable connected to the supposedly failed unit. Any suggestions would be welcome. Thank you.

• 

6.9K Posts

November 2nd, 2017 12:00

Hello MediTrustIT,

After you replaced the EMM did you reboot the host that it is connected to or no? Do you have both EMM connected to the same PERC card or to you have each EMM connected to its own PERC card?

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

November 3rd, 2017 00:00

`Hi. Yes, i did. This is what i've done thus far. Switched off host, then the MD1200. Replaced the EMM (waited about 15min). Powered on the MD1200, then the server.  Both EMM modules are connected to the same perc H800 card.

• 

6.9K Posts

November 6th, 2017 11:00

Hello MediTrustIT,

Can I get you to provide me with a controller log from your H800. You can do this in OMSA by selecting storage, and then selecting the task of export log on the controller. I will send you an email as to where you can send the log to so that I can review it.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

No Events found!