Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 28th, 2015 08:00

Dell PowerVault MD3000 install to a PowerEdge 1950 running Windows Server 2008 R2

I am trying to prep an MD3000 on an R900 system, with Windows Server 2008 R2, but the MD3000 setup on the resource CD runs FOREVER (literally), with this message:

"Running prerequisite checks. Please wait."

Looks like the whole setup.bat thing runs a setup.vbs, which then (ideally) runs the setup.exe

I tried running setup.exe separately, but it somehow forces it back to the "prereq check."

I believe I've met all the pre-reqs, so what could I be doing wrong? And, PLEASE put more "progress info" in the VBScript, so we can tell how far along the process is; if it is stuck in a loop; or if it's just plain not working. Looking inside the vbscript, it looks like it tries to do (or reference) something to do with Java?

I will modify the VBScript and play around with it, but I should have to do that. Any clues would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!

39 Posts

February 17th, 2015 09:00

No answers yet. I guess nobody knows how to do this. Basically, I found another 'exe' underneath the directory structure, and was able to run that 'exe' (not setup.exe, but another one), and the product installed just fine. Sorry, my system is actually an R900, not a 1950, fyi. Still curious why the actual setup "hangs" forever, never giving any warning, timeout, or error?

No Events found!