Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 11th, 2010 02:00

Issue with MD3000i - Array not optimal

Hi Guys,

I trying to configure my new MD3000i and facing quite a bit of issues, I just hope I am able to decribe the issue properly.. So here goes.

I am unable to see Controller 0 when I try and configure the MD3000 array, earlier when I configured the very same array the 2 Management ports would show up as 34.108.12.5  (Controller 1) and 34.108.12.6 (Controller 0) and both these ports are connected the corporate netowork and pull the ip from DHCP but when I came in this morning my virtual disks had failed and the stoarge array failed saying "Virtual disk not on preferred path".

I can ping the 34.108.12.6 address which is C1 but not 34.108.12.6 C0.. I have changed network cables  tried a different switch but still when I go into the MD Utility to reconfigure my array it cannot see the Conroller 0.

Thanks in advance

-A

9 Posts

October 12th, 2010 01:00

Hi Mrokkam,

Actually it was really silly.. I had both the controllers at the same ip 34.108.12.5 and how I found out is from MDSM and looking at the "Ethernet Management port" option.

i changed the Ip and now it works!

-A

154 Posts

October 12th, 2010 01:00

Could it be that you have had a controller failure? Any such message in the recovery messages section (where you see VirtualDisk not on preferred path) or the event log?

Your Virtual Disks should not have failed. Have you setup your iSCSI redundantly such that your host is logged into the iSCSI ports of both controllers?

If you are unable to ping the management port and all VDs on that controller have failed over, I would assume that you have some issues with that controller...

-Mohan

No Events found!