Highlighted
Dell_Newbee
Copper

MD 1220 / PERC H800A

Hi,

We have a MD1220 with PERC H800A, SAS, Ext 512MG   controller card, attached to  Dell PowerEdge R710 . Currently there are two 1 TB 7.2K RPM Near-Line SAS 6Gbps 2.5 in HD  in the MD 1220 (RAID 1). We want to replace those two disks with 4 TB SSD. Any suggestions on it ?  Are there any things to consider while replaceing the HDD?

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: MD 1220 / PERC H800A

Hola Buenas tardes

Se me daño un disco de un MD1200 ST1ZWZPW1 y se me vencio la garantia, mientras me solucionan la garantia quisiera saber si puedo cambiar un disco, con unos que tengo en Stock, el disco tambien es de 600GB, SAS 12GB, RPM15K

0 Kudos

Re: MD 1220 / PERC H800A

Hello Dell_Newbee,

With the MD 1220 they do support 3.84TB SSD drives.  Here is a link to the support matrix & if you look on page 10-16 it shows the supported drives along with their Dell part#’s.  http://downloads.dell.com/manuals/common/md1200_md1220_supportmatrix_en-us.pdf  Now to see the full space of your new drives you will need to recreate the virtual disk and then restore.  If you change the drives without recreating the virtual disk you will still only see 1TB of space for the virtual disk.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

DELL-Sam L
Dell | Social Outreach Services - Enterprise
Download the Dell Quick Resource Locator app today to access PowerEdge support content on your mobile device! (iOS, Android, Windows)

0 Kudos